Saturday, September 10, 2011

Book Review: FORGOTTEN by Cat Patrick

Forgotten
Author: Cat Patrick
Publication Date: June 7, 2011
Publisher: Little, Brown Books
Genre/Category: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance

Summary on Goodreads:

Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she’d made her peace with it. But she can’t handle dragging Cabel down with her.

She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams. He’s amazing. And she’s a train wreck. Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves: She has to disappear. And it’s going to kill them both.

Then a stranger enters her life — and everything unravels. The future Janie once faced now has an ominous twist, and her choices are more dire than she’d ever thought possible. She alone must decide between the lesser of two evils. And time is running out. . . .
My Thoughts:

I was so excited to read this book when I first saw it. I've read lots of good reviews pertaining to this book and I can't wait to see what it has for me. So here's what I thought:

A girl who forgot her past once she fall asleep is quite an interesting idea for a story. I'd say it's unique though some other compare this to the movie, 50 First Dates (which I loved). This, however have different twist since she sees and remembers her future--from what she's going to wear to school, whom she's going to talk to, and even what will happen to the people around her. I can't say I love London, though I admit she's extraordinary despite her condition. There are times I found her a bit annoying, and sometimes insensitive. Also, her relationship with Luke seemed too fast for me and not well-developed.  On the other hand, I admire Luke a lot. He's handsome and hot, and he's a really nice guy. But I didn't feel the connection or the attraction between them, it felt like something is missing or lacking, which I still can't figure out yet.

The story is a fast read and I enjoyed it, though halfway across the book I wonder what the real mystery is about. I also felt that the heroine was more focused on her bestfriend's situation rather than her own. There are times that I thought it was all about her bestfriend Jamie. There are mysteries that suddenly unfolded and I was surprised with some of the revelations. But it seems that I had missed the climax of the story and I'm still wondering right now about some unsolved issues. Don't get me wrong, I like this book and I'm sure lots of the readers especially those who are fans of psychological drama and mysteries will enjoy it. I'm not just fully satisfied with the ending, nevertheless, I still recommend it, and I hope that if you read this book, you'll enjoy it more than I did.

My Rating:

5 comments:

  1. Great review! Sounds like a very different twist on the classic amnesia stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your honest review. It's tough feeling sort of in the middle about a book. I haven't read Forgotten yet, but it does sounds really interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A story about a girl who forgot her past. Hmm. I hope it would be an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by ladies! I actually had a hard time writing my review. But we need to be honest no matter what. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like we both felt the same way about this book. I just posted my review of it a couple days ago. http://BornBookish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I may not be able to reply to every post but I read them all. Thank you so much for your visit! Come back soon =)