Author: Jenny B. Jones
Publication Date: October 4, 2011
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance, Religious and Inspirational
Summary on Goodreads:
In a small cottage house in rural Ireland, Finley discovers she can no longer outrun the past.When Finley travels to Ireland as a foreign exchange student, she hopes to create a new identity and get some answers from the God who took her brother away and seems to have left her high and dry. But from the moment she boards the plane and sits by Beckett Rush, teen star of the hottest vampire flicks, nothing goes according to Finley's plan. When she gets too close to Beckett, a classmate goes on a mission to make sure Finley packs her bags, departs Ireland-and leaves Beckett alone. Finley feels the pressure all around. As things start to fall apart, she begins to rely on a not-so-healthy method of taking control of her life. Finley tries to balance it all-disasters on the set of Beckett's new movie, the demands of school, and her growing romance with one actor who is not what he seems. Yet Finley is also not who she portrays to Beckett and her friends. For the first time in her life, Finley must get honest with herself to get right with God.
My Thoughts:
"I was that kite. Fragile against the wind. Soaring one minute. Spiraling, straight down the next. Just looking for something to hold me up. Before I spun out of control and flew away. Disappearing from sight."
It's been a while since I last read a book so inspiring as There You'll Find Me. I didn't read any reviews prior to this because I don't want them to somehow influence my review. It was endearingly beautiful and refreshing. It blessed me so much and it reminds me how God love each and every one of us regardless of the mistakes we made in our life--that no matter what we've done in the past, it doesn't lessen His love for us.
When I started this book, I wasn't sure if I'm going to like it. But from the moment I read the first page, I knew right away that this book is just the right one for me. I immediately liked the characters and they pulled me right into the story. From the very moment I met Becket Rush, I fell in love with him. He's not only the gorgeous and hot teen star of the hottest vampire flicks, but he's also the thoughtful and funny guy the rest of the world doesn't know. Finley, on the other hand, was flawed and scarred. It's good that Becket was there to understand and help her. Finley is definitely a girl in need of saving. The death of her closest brother left her devastated and her denial made it more difficult for her to let go. Her journey in finding God was overflowing with good verses from the Bible, which I deeply appreciated. I never found any other fictional books that contains so much faith in it. It was full of God's message and full of God's love.
"Lord, Your faithful love reaches to heaven, Your faithfulness to the skies... Does your love reach this far, God? And if it extends to heaven and beyond...why can't it seem to find me?
Have you asked the same question in your life once? or many times? in the past or until now? I was reminded of so many things when I read this book. That life is not about the past, but life is about the future which we need to face and conquer with God. People's worth is not based on the mistakes they made... but on God's unconditional love. Finley's story reminded me of those difficult times in my life when I seek God's purpose. She's a girl that everyone of us can relate with.
"It's a beautiful place. Full of life. Everywhere I look, I see God."
The story was beautifully written and the places were magnificently described. The people were interestingly nice, except for those two villains--Beatrice and her cousin Taylor who were perfectly made for the roles. I giggled and laugh while reading this book. It was filled with witty conversations which I totally enjoyed, and the humor compensates the drama that made the book even more exciting to read. Full of compassion and love and forgiveness... this book will remind you of your worth.
The author wrote it very well--you can hear God's message in every page, in every places described, in every verses you read. If you want a dose of encouragement and uplifting, I suggest you read this book. I highly recommend it especially to those who can no longer hope, who can't find love, and who doesn't seem to know how to live.
God always listens. Even though we can't seem to feel His presence, it doesn't mean He's not there.
My Rating:



Hey there! I really like your review even though we have completely different opinions when it comes to this book :-)
ReplyDeleteHere's my rev: ThereYou’llFindMe
Rated it 2 stars. The plot was pretty "same old same old" The only thing new was the idea to mix it with a Christian message. That wasn't enough for me. It felt like said message was more important than a fresh, original plot. Now, had that been the case...we'd be talking at least 4 stars. I agree...the writing was great.
i adored beckett too! and the religious stuff was quite inspiring--without being preachy at all. oh, and the irish setting? SWOON!
ReplyDeleteman, i really liked this book :)