Friday, September 30, 2011

TGIF, Follow Friday & Book Blogger Hop (7)



TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by 
Ms. Ginger @GReads . Anyone can participate. 
If you want to join, just do the following:

Re-cap your posts for the week
Answer the weekly question
Make sure to link back at the bottom of GReads TGIF Post. 


Please check this week's posts on Books4Juliet: 

This Friday's Question: 
Banned Books: How do you feel about the censorship of the freedom to read? Do you think the education system needs to be more strict on what children are exposed to in books?

My Answer:
I'm not totally against the censorship of freedom to read. I know there are valuable reasons why certain books are being challenged or banned. Besides, not every book is for everyone. I agree that the educational system should be more strict on exposing children to books. Young minds can be easily corrupted. I am a mother and a reader. Soon my son will learn to read, and who knows, soon he'll read my books. But as much as I want to share my books with my child, I'm afraid I can't (yet). Not until, he already has a good foundation on discerning what's right from wrong. There are some books which I don't particularly recommend for younger readers. Guidance is important and should be enforced.

People have the right to choose which books to read. But of course, it should always come with responsibility on our part. I believe that every book has a reader. If for certain reasons, it doesn't fit in my shelf or in yours, I know somehow it will find its right place in someone else's bookshelf.

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel @Parajunkee and Alison @Alison Can Read. If you want to join and see how this meme works, be sure to click the image above.  Happy Follow Friday!

Check out this week's Feature Blogs:

This Friday's Question:
What book that hasn't been turned into a movie (yet) would you most like to see make it to the big screen, and who would you like cast as your favorite character?

My Answer:
I would like to see Divergent, The Host and The Maze Runner on film but they're not counted anymore since they were already optioned for a movie. So I think my next pick would be Wolves of Mercy Falls (Shiver, Linger, Forever) by Maggie Stiefvater. I want to see Grace, Sam, Cole and Isabel come to life. It's one of my favorite series and it would be great to see them on the big screen. And of course I want my all time favorite Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins! As for the cast, I can't think of anyone yet... I'll leave it to the casting crew! =)
Book Blogger Hop
Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy for Books. This is where book bloggers and book readers connect and support each other or just chat about books. This is super crazy fun and all readers and bloggers can join! If you want to know how to participate, just click the image above to visit Crazy for Books Blog.

This week's topic: “In honor of Banned Books Week, what is your favorite “banned or frequently challenged book”?”

My Answer: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. This book (plus the entire series) is one of my most favorite book ever. Complete with action, suspense, love story, drama, and exciting twists. I couldn't asked more from this book. Another one is Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma, but I didn't find it in the list. This has been controversial for sibling incest so I guess it could be one of those  books being challenged or banned. I absolutely loved it though!


What is your favorite among the banned or frequently challenged books?

P.S. Since you're here, can you help me pick my next read? Please vote on the poll at the LEFT SIDE BAR of this blog =) Thanks a lot for taking time!

21 comments:

  1. Hunger games is an amazing book. There are so many great challenged/banned books. Here’s Mine at FABR

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I know in my country (Sri Lanka) there is censorship of films/plays but I have not heard of censorship of books.

    I just cannot understand the logic in most of the bannings though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really interesting answers. Love your background and layout. Old follower. Here's my FF for this week:

    http://livredeamour-booksoflove.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-thursfriday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by the blog April! Haven't read Forbidden yet but hear that it's good. :) Have a great weekend! New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Shiver is already being made into a movie, so at least you'll have that one! Not sure if the other two are optioned for films though. Would be cool if it was!! Great picks!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna &... again people seem to like that book. :D

    Old Follower. Here is my Friday! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna & the French Kiss would be an amazing movie! I'd love to see that transitioned to film though, like you, I can't imagine who should play Anna or the lovely Etienne.

    As for VA, I hope you get to read it soon! It's an amazing series - which is why I'm so tentative to see it on film. I've imagined it myself to many times that I don't think a movie could live up to it!

    Thank you for stopping by. I'm a new follower who wishes you a happy, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower! Thanks for hopping by my blog :) I am excited that Divergent has been optioned! I just hope they make the movie as awesome as the book!

    -Kat from Katmunster Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. It amazes me on how many people haven't read VA, but I can understand there are so many other books out there. I haven't read ANNA yet, which I need to buy it and read because I've heard so many good things about it. I just started Divergent and I'm enjoying. Thanks for stopping by and I'm following back .:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following me! I really appreciate it!
    Great picks! I almost said Shiver AND Anna, but changed my mind! Haha. :)
    I'm now following you. :)
    -Angel
    http://909reviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm a new follower here :) I agree with you about Forbidden. I'm sure it will be challenged sooner or later, but it is amazing! And the Wolves of Mercy Falls would make a great movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't care for Shiver too much, but I really do think it would make a better movie. I feel that the atmosphere really deserves to be on the big screen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait until I can read The Host, The Hunger Games series, Forbidden, Divergent.. there is like an entire list of books I can't wait to get time for LOL

    I have read The Maze Runner - that's going to be an interesting movie if it ever comes to full fruition! I still need to read The Scorch Trials and get my hands on the third one when it comes out.. seriously TOO many books TOO little time! :D

    Thanks for hopping by!
    April @ My SHelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hopping through. I'd love to see Anna and the French Kiss as a movie. A fabulous book.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi April! New follower from the hop. I'd love to see the Host on the big screen. The intensity of the MC and the love story with all that action would definitely keep anyone on the edge of their seat.
    Thanks for stopping buy Fictitious Musings.
    Have an awesome book weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to read Forbidden -I have only heard good things about it. I like all your movie choices, especially the Maze Runner, that would be interesting.

    Following in return--

    ~Valen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi. I'm a new follower from FF, stopping by to wish you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. New follower :) Thanks for stopping by Books to the Sky! :) Happy Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey April. :) Thanks for the blog visit and comment. ^^
    I can't wait to see Divergent as a movie eventually. I know they optioned it- but of course, it's never a guarantee until a studio and director actually picks it up fully.
    I haven't read Wolves of Mercy Falls or Anna and the French Kiss yet sadly... but they're both on my never-ending TBR pile and I do definitely plan to read them soon. :)

    I hope you're having a fantastic weekend. *hugs*

    <3
    Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the follow! and now I'm following you too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I may not be able to reply to every post but I read them all. Thank you so much for your visit! Come back soon =)