Monday, November 14, 2011

Book Review: DAIMON (A Covenant Novel) by Jennifer Armentrout

Daimon (The Prequel to Half-Blood)
Author: Jennifer Armentrout
Published Date: May 10th 2011
Published By: Spencer Hill Press
Genre: Young Adult, Urban Fantasy, Mythology

Summary from Goodreads:

For three years, Alexandria has lived among mortals—pretending to be like them and trying to forget the duty she'd been trained to fulfill as a child of a mortal and a demigod. At seventeen, she's pretty much accepted that she's a freak by mortal standards... and that she'll never be prepared for that duty.

According to her mother, that’s a good thing.
But as every descendant of the gods knows, Fate has a way of rearing her ugly head. A horrifying attack forces Alex to flee Miami and try to find her way back to the very place her mother had warned her she should never return—the Covenant. Every step that brings her closer to safety is one more step toward death because she's being hunted by the very creatures she'd once trained to kill. The daimons have found her.
My Thoughts:

While waiting for my Half-Blood book to arrive, I've decided to read Daimon. It is the prequel novel to Half-Blood, the first book in the Covenant Series by Jennifer Armentrout. I thank Angela (Reading Angel) for recommending this book. I really enjoyed it, far more than I thought I would. I think I'm beginning to fall in love with this new series.

Alexandria or Alex, is the daughter of a mortal and a demigod, and that makes her a Half-blood. She and her mother (a pure-blood Hematoi) were living with the mortals since they leave the Covenant three years ago--the reason why they left is still a mystery to her. Until her mother was killed by a Daimon. Now an orphan and with no where else to go, she has no choice but flee and return to the Covenant. Daimons are following her and she doesn't know why they are hunting her.

When I started reading this book, I was hooked immediately. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this novella. It's short and I finished it in just a couple of hours. Trust me, it was an exciting and engaging read! I love Alex, she's strong and brave and she's a perfect kick-ass heroine for me. I can't wait to read more about her and her crush Aiden St. Delphi whom I've met in the sneak peek of Half-Blood (included in the book). I love the author's writing and everything about this book is just awesomeness! I can't believe I would love this book as much as I do now, knowing that it is just a prequel novella to the actual series. I am waaaay too excited to read Half-Blood and I hope you'll take the time to check out this book too. An intriguing and engaging plot blended with a kick-ass heroine that is ready to kick any daimon's butt is sure to give anyone a fun and enjoyable read!

My Rating:
>> Download and read Daimon by Jennifer Armentrout.

3 comments:

  1. I've recently read this, too, and already got Half-Blood for my Kindle, but with the review books I still need to read, I couldn't get around to it yet. Dying to read it though - especially after Daimon (it's soooo awesome!). Hope you/we will like Half-Blood, too! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carina for stopping by! I agree with you! It's so awesome! Can't wait for Half-Blood. I really hope we both enjoy the book! I'll wait for your review! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    The covers are amazing! I remember browsing it a while back... then being spooked by the name Hematoi - I got a lot by names, almost as much as I go by covers... That's the reason I never got around to Hush, Hush. I mean, Patch?

    Ahem. Yes, back on topic: I'm so glad you reviewed this! It makes it sound quite thrilling, and I think I'm going to be looking at this series more carefully. I hope your copy of Halfblood arrives soon!

    Thanks for the review!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I may not be able to reply to every post but I read them all. Thank you so much for your visit! Come back soon =)