Saturday, November 26, 2011

TBR Intervention Challenge (7)



TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge hosted by 
 and April@Books4Juliet 
The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice--EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS. However, we will sponsor this event regularly every Saturday. 

Here are the rules:

1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one). 
2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.
3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.
4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers. 

MY LAST WEEK'S TBRIC:

Wanderlove
Author: Kirsten Hubbard
Published Date: March 13th 2012
Published By: Delacorte Books
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
 
Click here to read the summary in my last TBRIC post.

This time, it's my turn to use Dani's words last week: 

"Don't kick me out, please?"

I'm sorry girls, I don't have any reviews to share. I just finished THE SCORPIO RACES by Maggie Stiefvater, which took me two(?!) weeks to finish. I'm planning to post the review some time soon (I just hope that it won't take me another two weeks to write the review, arrrgh...).

So obviously, I wasn't so productive in the last couple of days. I've been in a personal desert (that's a term I used whenever I feel down or seeking solitude) and I didn't read much during those times. We were always out of the house, and during my free time (which is scarce) I was just lying in bed. Hopefully I'll be able to gain momentum next week and get back to happy reading again. 

How's your TBR pile last week? Did you finish your book(s)? 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Love Lots (",)

>>You can grab the linky code here: get the InLinkz code

12 comments:

  1. Aw. April. We do have times like these... But take heart! We also ALWAYS pull through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April, I'm really waiting for your review of The Scorpio Races, hope don't have to wait to weeks LOL!

    Hope you have a better weeks, and, honestly, sometimes we need those personal desert, and they're goods.
    Have a nice week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we are at the same boat right? Before I started blogging, I usually read or write when I feel down, I guess it's because I stay home all the time. I hardly go out at all, so reading has been my one and only hobby. But now, when I feel down, I have the whole book blogging community. I visit different blogs every night and comment on at least ten blogs each night. It just makes me happy when I leave comments on blogs. Other times are when I talk to people on Twitter, they always make me smile. Blogging also makes me happy when I feel down because well, it becomes part of my family now! Hehe.

    I like the cover of Wanderlove. It's very pretty! The story sounds soooo good! I have to check this book out. Thank you for sharing!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you and I are in the same boot, but I had to study and now things will be a bit better for reading, plus a lot of review to post, my schedule is all ruined.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope things start to look a little better this week, and I think if I was granted a reprieve last week, you're definitely due one too :) Thanks so much for all your work with the challenge and for promoting it so faithfully. I'm also looking forward to your Scorpio Races review (whenever you feel up to writing it) and I hope you can finish Wanderlove soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, April! *Huggles* Don't worry about it, we all have bad weeks. Just stop, take a deep breath, and start again when you feel ready.

    I will be looking forward to Scorpio Races, mostly because I want to see what you thought about it, if it was like the Wolves trilogy at all... :) But no hurries!

    Good luck with Wanderlove, this week. I hope it'll turn out better than the last one - on your personal side, not necessarily on the challenge part!

    Have a good weekend,

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personal desert, I like the term. Scorpio races took me awhile to read too. I have Wanderlove for review, and haven't even thought about getting to that one yet. I am still trying to read one a week that I have missed at publication in addition to my reviews.
    You will get back in the swing of things. Reading slumps are hard to get out of. When you feel like reading again, pick something that you are dying to read rather than obligated to read! Only a suggestion, it works well for me and in the long run, I read more.
    Good luck meeting your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to stop doing the TBR Intervention until the new year. Sorry! I am just so behind on my reviews. I still love the TBR Intervention!

    Lindsey @ babiesbooksandsigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My first week. I am so excited! I like Personal Desert. I have been there too. I was calling it HolidayFall. I have a hard time every year around the holidays. I figure it is like a snowfall - holiday stuff just keeps falling. Good luck meeting your goals.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww. It's ok April. I didn't finish my book this week either. Good luck to us both finishing our books in the next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that being a little behind on Thanksgiving weekend is to be expected, right? Can't wait to read the review though. :)

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you were having a rough week. I look forward to seeing what you thought of Scorpio Races.

    Here is my TBR

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I may not be able to reply to every post but I read them all. Thank you so much for your visit! Come back soon =)