Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy #2)Author: Jennifer EstepPublication Date: KensingtonPublisher: November 29th 2011Genre: Young Adult, Urban Fantasy
Summary | Add to TBR
I’m Gwen Frost, a second-year warrior-in-training at Mythos Academy, and I have no idea how I’m going to survive the rest of the semester. One day, I’m getting schooled in swordplay by the guy who broke my heart—the drop-dead gorgeous Logan who slays me every time. Then, an invisible archer in the Library of Antiquities decides to use me for target practice. And now, I find out that someone at the academy is really a Reaper bad guy who wants me dead. I’m afraid if I don’t learn how to live by the sword—with Logan’s help—I just might die by the sword...
My Thoughts:
In Kiss of Frost, a Reaper is trying to kill Gwen, and a beautiful, hot guy is showing interest in her. There's a red diary that she wants to unravel, and a Winter Carnival she's trying to enjoy while trying to forget her feelings for the drop-dead gorgeous spartan--Logan.
I loved Kiss of Frost. This book is much better than the first book and I'm so glad that I finally read it. There are still the same issues from the first book like being too repetitive sometimes, but it didn't bother me that much. What I appreciate the most is how Gwen's character developed and how she finally learn how to grasp her powers as it began to awaken. I'm thrilled to see the progress of Logan and Gwen's relationship and I'd say that it didn't disappoint. In the first book, we only get a glimpse of something romantic between the two, something that tells us there is a romance that will soon to blossom. And yes, Kiss of Frost gave me that tingling sensation I was looking for. It was so good to see that Logan is finally showing what's beyond his mysterious personality and it's a very nice start for the readers to know the real Logan and understand why he's trying to control his feelings. He's even hotter in this book too! You sure don't want to miss Logan Quinn.
From the time I started this book, I couldn't put it down. There's so much mysteries and I just wanted to know what will happen next. I wanted to unravel the secrets that surrounds Oliver's red notebook, I wanted to know who the reaper was, and I wanted to know if Logan and Gwen will finally be together. I read it in less than a day and I want more. I want more of Gwen as her powers began to awaken, I want more of Logan, I want more of Oliver, I want more of Daphne and Carlson. Beyond the mysteries and the exciting events that surrounds the characters in Kiss of Frost, there are a lot more to be told, a lot more to discover and it makes the story so gripping that you wouldn't want to put it down until you know the ending.
I have to stop babbling before I give away too much, so let me just say this: I really enjoyed Kiss of Frost that I want the next book NOW. I love Logan and I love Logan. Oops, I said that already. Anyway, if you've read and enjoyed Touch of Frost, I'm sure you'll gonna love this book. I didn't expect to really liked it this much but I did. I just want the next one and I want it now. The story is getting even more exciting. The book is getting better and better. It's very entertaining, you should read this one!
My Rating:
Book 1 in Mythos Academy Series
by Jennifer Estep




i loved both books
ReplyDeletecan't wait for book3
Me too! I want to see how Logan and Gwen will do together =)
Delete