Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Book Review: The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Publication Date: January 2nd 2012
Publisher: Poppy/Little Brown
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance

Summary | Add to TBR

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A. 

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.

My Thoughts:
"People who meet in airports are seventy-two percent more likely to fall for each other than people who meet anywhere else." - Oliver
Loved it! I didn't want it to ever end. It's funny, deep yet a light read, some part emotional but mostly it's refreshing. It's unique and beautiful you'd wish something like this would happen to you as well--the meeting-in-the-airport thing and the-love-at-first-sight thing that could lasts a lifetime. Amazing book!

The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight is a story about Hadley who hadn't seen her father for almost a year, and now forced by her mother to attend his wedding in London with a woman she haven't even met. She arrived at the airport four minutes late and she has no choice but to wait three more hours for the next flight to London. There she meet Oliver.
He's like a song she can't get out of her head. Hard as she tries, the melody of their meeting runs through her mind on an endless loop, each time surprisingly sweet as the last, like a lullaby, like a hymn, and she doesn't think she could ever get tired of hearing it.
I've heard lots so many things about this book and all of them were good. I so agree with other readers who said it was an adorable book because it certainly is! I loved every part of it. I laughed many times during Hadley and Oliver's conversations because they were funny, but I didn't expect this book to be so emotional either. Hadley's issues with her father and her soon-to-be stepmother, and her feelings for Oliver gave this book a tension-filled moments that I never thought would keep me rooted on my seat for hours, trying not to cry. I don't know if it's just me, but it hit me hard. I loved this book so much and I hope you'll give it a try. It's not just love at first sight, it's so much more. The story is simple but meaningful. It was beautiful and full of hope. It's about being able to forgive and realize that people makes mistakes but it's still possible to find happiness. And most of the time, they can be found in the most unexpected places. It's about the beauty of love and having chances. It's about fate. 

Read this book if you love YA contemporary romance and believe in love at first sight (or even if you don't). It may not take you four minutes to finish it, but you'll have a ninety-nine percent probability of enjoying this book. It's one of those fun reads that can light up anyone's heart. I loved it and I highly recommend it.
"Not everyone makes fifty-two years, and if you do, it doesn't matter that you once stood in front of all those people and said that you would. The important part is that you had someone to stick by you all that time. Even when everything sucked. Seriously, how else do you know that it means something? Unless someone's there to hold your hand during the bad times?" - Hadley
My Rating:

5 comments:

  1. Great review - I loved this one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read this one! Heard lots of good things about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I have heard a lot of good things about this book, so I will definitely check it out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't read many contemporary books, but I think I need to get my hands on this one. The cover's striking, I love the concept, and... Yeah. All in all, I think I can use with the extra sweet love at first sight moments.

    Thanks for the review, April! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent review. And if you pulled off the not crying thing, you did much better than I. When Hadley realized why Oliver was in London, I lost it.

    :(
    I loved this book so very much. I'm glad you liked it also.
    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I may not be able to reply to every post but I read them all. Thank you so much for your visit! Come back soon =)