"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
I just discovered this book a few days ago while browsing my book recommendations from Goodreads. It has an enticing cover and the premise is really good. I can't wait to get my hands on it!
When the Sea is Rising Red
Author: Cat Hellisen
Publication Date: February 28, 2012
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Genre/Category: Young Adult, Fantasy
Summary on Goodreads:
In sixteen-year-old Felicita’s world,
magic is strictly controlled—or so those in power like to believe. After her
dearest friend, Ilven, kills herself to escape an arranged marriage, Felicita
chooses freedom over privilege. She fakes her own death and leaves her
sheltered life as one of Pelimburg’s magical elite behind. Living in the slums,
scrubbing dishes for a living, she falls for charismatic Dash while also
becoming fascinated with vampire Jannik. Then something shocking washes up on
the beach: Ilven’s death has called out of the sea a dangerous, wild magic.
Felicita must decide whether her loyalties lie with the family she abandoned .
. . or with those who would twist this dark power to destroy Pelimburg’s caste
system, and the whole city along with it.

This one is definitely a must read, the synopsis sounds really great!
ReplyDeleteGreat pick!
Check out my WoW post here
I love this cover! This sound awesome. Great pick!
ReplyDelete~Rebecca
I'm excited for this one as well I love the premise.
ReplyDeleteGiselle
Xpresso Reads
I really want to read this one and I love the color, I've become a follower as I absolutely love how pretty this blog is. I'll definately be back.
ReplyDeleteThis cover is striking. It sounds really good!
ReplyDeleteOoh seeing this one around lately! Love the cover!
ReplyDeleteHere's my WoW
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
Hello my DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your pick! I;ve been wanting to pick this one for a while XDDDD lol
luv you! muah!
This cover is gorgeous, but I hate love triangles.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by badass today
Erika
It really looks amazing!!!
ReplyDelete