TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge hosted by
Dani@RefractedLight , Ayanami@Whatever you Can Still Betray
and April@Books4Juliet
Everyone is WELCOME to JOIN this meme. Just click the image TBR Intervention Button above to see the rules and read more about this feature.
This is my first post for the whole week *yikes*. We didn't have internet connection since Tuesday so I wasn't able to post anything last week. I even thought that I wouldn't be able to post my TBRIC today. So glad that the line is finally fixed :)
MY LAST WEEK'S TBRIC:
I stopped reading Shadow Kiss when there was only 1/3 of the book left to read. I couldn't get myself to enjoy it. Sorry, I know that there are lots of you who loved this series. Reading should be F-U-N, right? So I grabbed some other book to read which I enjoyed and loved--The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder. It's a beautiful story. Emotional and deep. It was written in verse so I finished it in two hours. Really good book, I loved it! I also finished Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn (Jennifer Armentrout). It was really fun and sexy and yummy. Very enjoyable read and I loved it too! I guess I really had a couple of good reads last week even though I wasn't able to finish Shadow Kiss. I am also reading City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare (yes!!!) and I AM ENJOYING IT. No further comment (yet).Shadow Kiss.
Shadow Kiss.
Shadow Kiss.
I need a powerful mantra to do this. Girls, WISH ME LUCK!!!
What book did you knock off last week?


I guess everyone's planning to read City of Lost Souls this week lol. After the ending in City of Fallen Angels though who can blame them. Good luck with Shadow Kiss. I haven't even read the first Vampire Academy book yet. I started it once but got busy and never got back to it.
ReplyDeleteI haven't read any of the VA series yet, though I have the first book on my bookcase. I won't be reading City of Lost Souls for a while, I'm only about 200 pages into the first book. Hope you'll drop by and check out my TBR Intervention post :)
ReplyDeleteThe Mortal Instruments series is one of my most favorites and I'm glad that you've started it. I hope you'll love it as much as we do. It's amazing!
DeleteI can't blame you for the Shadow Kiss thing, I really don't like VA, after the first book I don't want to read the others ~sigh~ anyway, you already have CoLS, that's better than anything!! Hope you enjoy it!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy reading!!!
So I guess I'm not the only one... hehe. And yep, CoLS! Yay for JACE <3
DeleteYou can do this!!! You can! VA... yeah, I read the whole series and I do love it, but Rose is a difficult character to care about. She's kind of bull-headed and selfish and doesn't think about the consequences for the people around her as she relentlessly pursues... whatever is her objective at the moment. But you're almost done with Shadow Kiss? It's about to get gooo-oood for Rose and Dimitri. You can do it! ;)
ReplyDeleteHave fun with CoLS. It's my TBRIC book too :)
Oh Dani, thanks so much for the encouragement. I really hope I'll get through it this time. I SO WANT to get rid of the book and move on to the next. I agree with you about Rose, she's not a favorite of mine hehe. And CoLS??? (sigh) what's not to love, huh? Good luck to us!
DeleteNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! you missed the best of Vampire Academy series! the ending of Shadow Kiss is the best ever! Im so sad you didnt enjoy this book. Sniff, I relly hope you get to finish it though, it is so freakign awesome and I am really in shock to know that you couldnt even get throught it sniff.. Oh My Dimitri... sniff!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy COLS! =)muah! take care my dear ^.^ kyaaa!!! happy summer XOXOXOXO
★Dazzling Reads★
Hi Nat! Okay, so since you've mentioned something about the ending of Shadow Kiss, this might give me a little more push to finish the book :) I know that you love love love this series (since you're Dimitri's wife)... hehe. I'm still going to read it until the last book in the series, since I have the rest of them on my shelf already. I just don't know when I could finish them =P I wish I have that spirit of yours to get through with the books, I hope I hope. *winks*
DeleteI miss you girl! Mwuaaaah! Happy Summer!
XOXOXOXOXO.
(drolly) I take it you really L-O-V-E Diverget judging from your comment. LOL. Yes! Finally, I'm going to read it.
ReplyDeleteAnd please don't force yourself to read a book that you're not enjoying though how can you say NO to Dimitri I really can't fathom.
I hope you will love City of Lost Souls! I can't wait to know what it's all about - I got kind of stuck in the middle of book four, quite unable to move forward but still caring about the world and characters.
ReplyDeleteAnd, Va... I haven't read it, but I agree that reading should be fun. I hope you'll get back to it and at least be entertained! Perhaps it was a matter of mood...
Go April! You can read it this week! :)