Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Moment of Retreat | What Would It Take For You To Feel Rich?


Along with our busy schedules--blogging, reading, reviewing, plus other stuffs outside of the blogging community, we need to have a moment of rest, a moment of peace, a moment of solitude, and a moment of prayer. I find this necessary to help me achieve a clear mind, a good mood, the right focus, and something that will help me get through the day without breaking. So I've decided to extend my devotional to my blog hoping that somehow, some way, I can touch some hearts, if not all, at least some.

Day 1: I was reading my devotional this morning, and came upon on one of Dr. Charles Stanley's teaching. He's my favorite Pastor and Minister and his teachings had made a huge impact to me especially during one of the most difficult times of my life. Let me share with you what I think about this morning based on what I read.

Have you ever wonder how differently the world and God measure poverty and wealth? Most people think that if they acquire lots of material possessions and financial security, they will feel happy and contented. But the more we receive, the more we want to acquire. Material wealth can never give lasting peace and security no matter how big our house and bank accounts are, or how successful we are in our career, or how many cars we have at our garage. What we behold, we become. What ever it is that hold our focus takes hold of our life. And I wonder, what do I care about the most? Is it my job? Is it my family? Is it my faith? What would it take for me to feel rich?

What would it take for you to feel rich?

"Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life." 
- Matthew 5:8

Have an awesome day! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I may not be able to reply to every post but I read them all. Thank you so much for your visit! Come back soon =)