Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thursday Revisits (2): SHADE by Jeri Smith-Ready

Thursday Revisits is a new meme hosted by Sam @ Books For All Seasons.
It's a weekly feature of book discussions about the characters, scenes, and plot of the book we read. It’s featured every Thursday.

Today, I am so excited to share with you my second Thursday Revisits post. It's not only because of the book I'm going to feature, but because I have here with me, a very good friend and FBBFF of mine:

If you haven't know her or visited her blog, you must do so... she's nice, very kind, thoughtful, generous and I'd say... selfless. I am happy to be her friend and I'm glad that she agreed to do this discussion with me. 



1. How many times did you read Shade? 

 
April: Once. But I plan to read it again (in the future, I hope). 

Kristin: I have actually read it twice. When I really get into a book, I tend to fly through the pages so I reread it immediately to figure out what I missed. I always miss something good too.

April: Twice! Wow! I am jealous!

Kristin: Oh don't be jealous, if I didn't read like a maniac, I wouldn't have to read books twice...LOL!

2. What do you like most about this book?

 
April: Logan and Zach :) hehe. I guess, it's the way the story and the characters touched my heart. It's sad and it's heart-breaking, but then it's also beautiful and full of love. 


Kristin: There's so much that I love about this story it's hard to decide what I like best. Jeri created such a moving and beautiful tale in an extraordinary world. There are so many lessons to be learned from Shade on a much deeper level.However, Logan and Zach definitely rate right at the top. :) What's not to love about two hot guys?

April: Oh, I remember, there are three hot guys! Dylan... You love Dylan!

3. What's one thing you didn't like? 

 
April: I can't think of any... hmm.. how about you Kristin?

Kristin: There's truly not anything I didn't like about Shade. I was certainly disappointed in a certain hot boy's behavior but that is what made the book...right?

April: I agree ;)

4. What is your most favorite scene? 

 
April: I have lots of favorite scenes. One scene I won't forget is when Logan sang his song for Aura. It's very sad and I almost cried. Then the other part is when Logan was in the courtroom and he confessed his feelings for Aura. That was just the most romantic thing ever. I loved him even more that time. Let me quote this one part I so love and remember, "I can't touch, but I can still feel. And I tell you, if this were my life... I wouldn't want to live." (Logan).

Kristin: April, you took the words right out of my mouth, there are so many great scenes. I love the two you mentioned, although, I do love Logan's going away performance but I really can't say anymore about that without spoiling everything.

April: Oh, right. Are we spoiling anything? hehe...

Kristin: I don't think so...there's so much more that happens in every scene...it's all good

5. Who is your favorite female character?


April: Aura.

Kristin: Yeah...I agree, April. Aura is super awesome.

6. Kilt or Keeley? 

 
April: Kilt for Aura. Keeley for ME. Hahaha!

Kristin: Thank goodness April wants Keeley because I call Kilt. Luckily, this is one thing April and I don't have in common.

April: Haha! Lots of competition when it comes to Zach. Everybody loves him.. in kilt or even kiltless.

Kristin: Did you say kiltless...where?

April: Oh my goodness. Lol!

7. A pre-shifter or a post-shifter? 

 
April: A post-shifter. When everybody around me can see ghosts and will point at me saying "there's someone beside you" who I can't see, then it will just freak me out even more. So I think I prefer to see the ghosts rather than not seeing them but knowing they are there.

Kristin: So true April. I want to know who's standing behind me or beside me. I don't want to be guessing if there's a ghost lurking nearby. Creepy...

April: I thought so, too! I wish I could see Logan, too :P

Kristin: Oh, Logan would definitely be the first ghost I would want to see...and possibly the last. LOL

8. If you're going to be a post-shifter, whose ghost do you want to see? 

 
April: My grandmother. She always seemed to be proud of me when I was little, and she loved me very much. I want to see her again and see what she thinks of me now. 


Kristin: Me, well, I would love to see my son again. He was the happiest little boy ever and I would like to know that he is still happy. 

April: I knew it, Kristin :) I would wish it for you, too.

Kristin: Thanks April. I would want you to see your grandma also.

9. Did Shade end the way you wanted? 

 
April: Yes. A cliff-hanger, but really good. I can't think of a better ending.

Kristin: The only thing I would have changed is to release all three books simultaneously...HeHeHe

April: That would be awesome! I'll grab the books right away!

Kristin: Right?

10. If you're going to be a character in Shade, who do you think you'll be? 

 
April: Hmm... A ghost? haha. So Logan and I can have a happily ever after! I'm just concerned about Logan, having no partner at all. See, I'm a nice person. LOL.

Kristin: I want to be Dylan's girlfriend because next to Logan (who's dead) and Zach (who's taken), I love him the most. Just wait to see him in Shift. WOW!

April: Hahaha! You're a cradle snatcher! He's too young! But I agree, he's so adorable and I'm sure he'll be a hot grown-up man.

Kristin: I just love him in Shift. He's so...spunky...LOL

11. Do you recommend the book? 

 
April: DEFINITELY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. So, if you haven't picked up this book, go get it!

Kristin: GO. RUN. IMMEDIATELY. GET IT...You won't be sorry!
Thank you Kristin for doing this meme with me. *Hugs*

8 comments:

  1. Ah...this turned out so great April. I had fun doing this! Thank you so much for having me!

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you guys! I love the back and forth commentary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You guys did an AWESOME JOB! Kristin and April, you set the bar pretty High! Very Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job guys! I had a lot of fun reading this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This posts are so funny! I loved it, guys. Besides, Shade is one of my favorite books too. It's so amazing! I remember worrying about everyone being able to see the ghosts, about Jeri being able to pull that off in her worldbuilding... I shouldn't have! It's the most interesting storyline in a long while!

    Thanks for sharing your opinions, April and Kristin! I'm not going to add much because I pretty much agree on everything.

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    PS. I'm also a craddle snatcher! Dylan is so cool, I wanted him for me in Shift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoy this post.
    You know, thanks to you I also loved this book. And thanks to Logan I loved Snow Patrol's song Run... Uhhhmazing!!!
    Thanks for sharing with us guys. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I'm sold. I hadn't heard of this book. Going to go put it on my wish list! I've read Requiem for the Devil by Jeri Smith-Ready. Loved it! If this one is half as good I'm sure it's going to be a winner for me. Great post, ladies. Loved the back and forth comments. Hope you do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi guys! Thanks so much for stopping by! Kristin and I had a fun fun fun doing this stuff and I'm glad that you enjoyed it, too! I hope you can come and visit me again =) God bless everyone! Thanks a bunch!

    XOXO.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I may not be able to reply to every post but I read them all. Thank you so much for your visit! Come back soon =)