Thursday Revisits is a new meme hosted by Sam @ Books For All Seasons.
It's a weekly feature of book discussions about the characters, scenes, and plot of the book we read. It’s featured every Thursday.
Hey everyone! Welcome to my third Thursday Revisits post. I am so thrilled and excited to share with you another book that I absolutely loved. Today I'm going to feature FORBIDDEN by Tabitha Suzuma.
And now, I am honored to have one of my loveliest, prettiest, smartest, nicest and sexiest friend of mine to discuss this book with me. Meet my FBBFF Mariam Jones:Read My Review Here
Add to TBR
She is pretty and talented - sweet sixteen and never been kissed. He is seventeen; gorgeous and on the brink of a bright future. And now they have fallen in love. But... they are brother and sister.Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending.
April: Once. But I've read the last 2 or 3 chapters of the book many times.
Mariam: Just once , that's all my heart ( and stomach ) could handle !
April: Haha! I want to read it again but I don't have enough time. Mariam certainly had a heart and stomach for brain-eating zombies than this book! Lol
Mariam : brain eating zombies are so much easier to stomach than incest haha
2. What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the book Forbidden?
April: The image of the book (?!) Honestly, that's the first thing I can think of. I easily picture the book with the red cover in my mind! hehe. But the second thing is sibling incest.
Mariam: Incest !
3. Describe Forbidden in one word.
April: Heartbreaking. (That's one word, right?)
Mariam: Disturbing ! I do totally agree with April , it was certainly heart breaking but more than anything , it was disturbing !
4. What is your most favorite part in the story?
April: The most favorite part (do I have to be honest?) hehe... The scene with Maya and Lochan in the bedroom. You know what I'm talking about. Okay, so I'm twisted! I'm sure I'm not alone.
Mariam: The bedroom scene would've normally been my favorite part because , let's face it , as gross as it was , it was also hot lol but I think my most favorite ( and also the part where I began to cry hysterically ) is when Lochan decided what he was going to do at the end to save his family . It showed what a tortured but selfless soul he was.
April: Yeah, I remember, we both cried in the bathroom because of that part. That was depressing and utterly sad.
Mariam : that will always be a moment we shared , even across the sea !
5. What part of the book you wish you didn't read?
April: I can't think of any :)
Mariam: None - the whole book was worth reading .
6. Forbidden tackled a very sensitive issue. What is your personal stand on sibling incest?
April: I've heard stories like this before on news and television and it's kind of gross. How much more when I imagine them kissing or touching. I don't want to judge other people (and I know I don't have the right to do so) but personally, I don't agree on incest at any kind.
Mariam: I say it's a big NO NO ! It's completely revolting.
7. If you would be given the opportunity to change some parts in the story, what will it be and why?
April: I would want Lochan and Maya to be together and live happily ever after instead of suffering such terrible fate. But if I change that it won't have the same impact anymore. I think that being so devastatingly sad and heartbreaking made this book remarkable. That makes the story hard to let go.
Mariam: I would change the fact that they were actually related. As much as it disgusted me , I wanted them to somehow be together.
8. Let's say you're a fairy godmother (oh my goodness, what a question) and you can grant one wish for Maya and Lochan, but you are not allowed to change their relationship, what would be that ONE wish?
April: Serious answer: I would give them a chance of having a normal and happy home.
Not-so-serious answer: I would sacrifice Jace and give him to Maya. Who could ever resist JACE? Huh. And let Logan fall in love with someone else like Maya's bestfriend (what's her name again?)
Mariam: To fall in love with other people and be happy. And April, stop giving Jace away, he's mine ; )
April: Mariam, you practically agreed on everything except giving Jace away. Lol! But yeah, I might be devastated to give him away too. I'll think of somebody else then...
9. If you can be a character in Forbidden, who do you think you'll be?
April: Logan's girlfriend. What ?
Mariam: Maya's best friend , everyone else is royally screwed up.
April: *Spoiler* Hey! Maya has a bestfriend already! You can be Lochan's cellmate and probably help him escape? =P
Mariam: I thought that you meant if I could be one character that was already in the book...my bad !! I'd be a smoking hot chick that convinced Lochan that incest wasn't the way to go ; )
April: Smoking hot chick! Oh my. Maybe we can convince Tabitha to put us in her book! That would be exciting and disastrous! If I'm his gf and you're the smoking hot chick who will seduce him! LOL
10. Do you think the author made a satisfying ending with Forbidden?
April: *Spoiler* Yes. The ending is totally heartbreaking and I didn't expect that to happen. But I can't think of any better way to end the story. Even from the start, their love was never meant to be.
Mariam: Satisfying??? No , I wasn't satisfied , I was heart broken and devastated ! But personal feelings aside , yes , it was a good ending for the type of book it was.
11. If you are going to re-write the ending of Forbidden, how do you think it will end?
April: Okay, don't laugh. Lochan and Maya are not really related. Lochan is adopted, probably son of one of the rich people in London. He was bailed out of prison by her very influential parents and then he was able to help Maya and her siblings financially and they live happily ever after in the end. Haha! I was kinda hoping for that.Hey, I can dream :P
Mariam: I believe April and I have the same idea , I'd make them not related somehow and able to be together . They'd graduate school and both be able to move away and take their siblings with them and start a new life together.
April: Mariam and I are suckers for happy endings :)
12. Do you recommend this book?
April: Yes but not to everyone. Only to those who are not easily disgusted by stories that deals with this kind of issue--sibling incest. It might be disturbing and disgusting to some readers. Please read my review! =)
Mariam: to certain people I would but not everyone. The content is incredibly disturbing and many people probably wouldn't enjoy it.
April: Smoking hot chick! Oh my. Maybe we can convince Tabitha to put us in her book! That would be exciting and disastrous! If I'm his gf and you're the smoking hot chick who will seduce him! LOL
10. Do you think the author made a satisfying ending with Forbidden?
April: *Spoiler* Yes. The ending is totally heartbreaking and I didn't expect that to happen. But I can't think of any better way to end the story. Even from the start, their love was never meant to be.
Mariam: Satisfying??? No , I wasn't satisfied , I was heart broken and devastated ! But personal feelings aside , yes , it was a good ending for the type of book it was.
11. If you are going to re-write the ending of Forbidden, how do you think it will end?
April: Okay, don't laugh. Lochan and Maya are not really related. Lochan is adopted, probably son of one of the rich people in London. He was bailed out of prison by her very influential parents and then he was able to help Maya and her siblings financially and they live happily ever after in the end. Haha! I was kinda hoping for that.Hey, I can dream :P
Mariam: I believe April and I have the same idea , I'd make them not related somehow and able to be together . They'd graduate school and both be able to move away and take their siblings with them and start a new life together.
April: Mariam and I are suckers for happy endings :)
12. Do you recommend this book?
April: Yes but not to everyone. Only to those who are not easily disgusted by stories that deals with this kind of issue--sibling incest. It might be disturbing and disgusting to some readers. Please read my review! =)
Mariam: to certain people I would but not everyone. The content is incredibly disturbing and many people probably wouldn't enjoy it.
That's it! =) I hope you guys enjoyed our short conversation. We had fun doing this little chat and I'm so happy that you came here to visit the post.
Thank you so much Mariam for doing the discussion with me. Sending you my *HUGS* =) and lots of smooches! XOXO!




Oh my God! I loved this conversation!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you in everything!... and Mariam's book boyfriend.. well, he's way too hot! LOL!
Thanks for the post, it was funny and amazing!
Xoxo!!
Wow! I loved this. You guys had me laughing my head off. Too funny. Great way to handle a touchy book.
ReplyDeleteWay to go girls.
~Kristin
Hehe! Great conversation! I agree with you girls, forbidden is a very intense book, not exactly something to pick up quickly and get a dose of fun.
ReplyDeleteI'm just left with one extra question:
Who's the zombie-boyfriend, anwyay? Me wants one! lol
Ron @ Stories of my life
OMG! I LOVED this discussion!! So funny and informative!
ReplyDeleteYou guys rock!
P.S. I am still not getting within 10 feet of that book!
My zombie boyfriend is R from the book Warm Bodies !! He may eat brains but he's oh so sexy ;)The picture April posted is from the movie they're making based on the book.
ReplyDeleteI don't know why I can't reply on your comments using the new feature :(
ReplyDeleteThank you for dropping by :) I'm glad that you all enjoyed it.
Lis, I can't wait to post our discussion next week =)
Kristin, I felt the same way when we did our Thurs Revisits for Shade =)
Ron, that zombie boy is from WARM BODIES. Mariam loved him so much! That's actually a picture from the movie they're making. Yes, it's gonna be a movie so I need to read the book, too! Have you heard about it? Maybe Mariam can share with you her brain-eating zombie boyfriend LOL.
Kim, I have a really good feeling about you reading this book. I don't know but you might actually like it. I hope you change your mind about reading Forbidden. It's worth the try =)
Mariam, be happy that I don't drool over your zombie bf or I might steal him away from you! As much as I don't want to say this, he's really sexy on that picture even though he's oh-so-dirty-looking lol! Wait til I read the book! and THANKS for doing this fun fun discussion with me! mwuah!