TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge hosted by
Dani@RefractedLight , Ayanami@Whatever you Can Still Betray,
and April@Books4Juliet
The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice--EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS. However, we will sponsor this event regularly every Saturday.
Here are the rules:
1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one).
2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.
3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.
4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers.
I'm about to finish this book, probably tonight. I'm really liking it. Janie Grey is a such a kick-ass heroine, funny, snarky, smart and stubborn. Kai is adorable. He is swoon-worthy and very charming. The characters are likable and the pacing of the story is fast and not boring. I'm glad that I picked this book out of my TBR pile last week =)
By the way, I finished and reviewed one of the most enjoyable book I've read this year: ALONG FOR THE RIDE by SARAH DESSEN. I now understand why readers love her and her writing. I'm a new fan now!
THIS WEEK'S TBRIC: This week, I'm considering the following books to read:
Shadow Kiss has been on my shelf along with the rest of my Vampire Academy books since August 21, 2011. I finished the first two in the series so I might as well continue with the rest.
In between these books, I'll try to read some of the other titles that I am craving for. I think we all deserve a nice break from all our hard work these past few weeks. It's Christmas season, and I consider it a little treat for myself. I have the following books in my shelf right now, and I want want want to read them asap! Too many books, too little time.
By the way, I'll be on vacation on December 24 - 27. I will still be posting my TBRIC for the next week but I'm not sure if I can check and visit other posts. I'll be out of the country this Christmas with my family, so I might not be able to check on my blog. I will visit your posts as soon as I get back =) I hope everyone will have an awesome holiday season and I wish everyone a blessed Christmas! Cheers to us! Love lots. Xoxo.
Grab the linky code here.






Congrats on finishing your TBR Intervention. I am so glad that you enjoyed your Sarah Dessen book. I really enjoy her writing, but have not had the chance to read Along for the Ride. I am off to check out your review. Good luck this week.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see what you think of Shadow Kiss. I loved all of the VA books. Good luck on your reads! Here is my TBR.
ReplyDeleteYou know... I have this huge thing about names. A name I like can get me to read a whole book I'd otherwise overlook! Kai is doing something like that here, and if you say he's swoon worthy, and the story is enjoyable... I might not hold back! There's good things to my name-infatuation.
ReplyDeleteThen again, I've yet to read Hush Hush and face Patch, who makes me think of home-made quilts everytime I read his name, but that's another matter...
I hope you'll get to read Shadow Kiss! I'm looking forward to your thoughts, as I'm considering going into the series myself. Or I might go after House of Night first. You know the cover for Destined? Yep, that book's making me think very seriously about picking it up...
I also hope you'll enjoy your holidays and have lots of fun! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Happy Reading,
Ron @ Stories of my life
I hope you're able to get some time to finish your book this evening! :) And good luck with the four you've chosen for your Christmas vacation! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, safe travel, and a great time with your family. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a fantastic trip!
ReplyDeleteShadow Kiss is really good!! I love the Vampire Academy series (It's schedule for next year's Thursday Revisits and ParaHorror, Hehe). You don't have to have a guest blogger for the post (Arina (the one who did the question with me) isn't a blogger, then she wants to do it because she read the book and she moved so we don't get to see each other anymore). But you may ask other fellow bloggers if they would like to do the feature with you (make sure both of you read the book). I can be your feature blogger, if you would like me to since we read some of the same books (I feature YA Contemporary books a lot, but then the last week of each month I feature YA Paranormal Romance books). Let me know if you have any questions! ^_^
ReplyDeleteStill a long comment! :) Hehe.
Sam
Books For All Seasons
Wow, You´ll read another VA book!
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoy I still don´t wanna read the second, maybe someday...
Happy reading!!
Hey, April, I hope you had a great week. Shadow Kiss was the best in the series for me. I can't wait to hear your thoughts. :)
ReplyDeleteOhoho! I think you already finished your book (and this is a late reply) so congratulations! And we really do deserve some slack and just go for books that we feel that we absolutely want to read.
ReplyDeleteCheers!