Saturday, December 10, 2011

TBR Intervention Challenge (9)



TBR Intervention 
is a weekly challenge hosted by 
 and April@Books4Juliet 

The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice--EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS. However, we will sponsor this event regularly every Saturday. 

Here are the rules:

1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one). 
2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.
3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.
4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers. 

MY LAST WEEK'S TBRIC:
Frostbite (The Vampire Academy, #2)
By: Richelle Mead
I'm happy to say that I finished Frostbite yesterday! Yay yay!   It's good and I enjoyed it but there are tiny "bits" I didn't liked: (1) the pacing was a bit slow, (2) the romance was a bit lame, (3) I can't feel the connection between Rose and Dimitri.

I'm not sure if I'm going to write a review of Frostbite, but right now I just don't feel like writing at all. Maybe in the next few days I'll be in the mood to do so. =)





THIS WEEK'S TBRIC: 
Dark Seeker (Seeker #1)
By: Taryn Browning
Published Date: September 27th 2011
Published By: CreateSpace
Genre: Young Adult, Urban Fantasy

Summary on Goodreads:
For 17-year-old Seeker, Janie Grey, ridding the Baltimore streets of the undead is an inherited duty passed down from her Cherokee ancestors. Seeker Training Lesson #1: Never trust the undead. After her father’s tragic death, Janie creates her own life lesson: Love isn’t worth the risk. Both lessons are easy to follow until she encounters the flawed Kai Sterdam. At first, she believes he is the hybrid she is trained to hunt. But, when he has human traits, she determines she doesn’t know what he is. As Janie’s intrigue over who Kai is pushes her deeper into his mysterious past, she discovers a shocking truth that is even more harrowing than the evil they are up against. It’s a secret Kai wants to keep hidden, especially from Janie.
On My Shelf Since: October 2, 2011
Why I Choose This Book: This book was provided by the author herself in exchange for an honest review. It looks good, and I'm looking forward to read it. Has anyone read it yet?

Anyway, since you're here, you may want to join the RAVEN (The Violet Jewel) Giveaway and Guest Post by Author Nuayma Jeggels. Good luck!

You can grab the link code here: get the InLinkz code



10 comments:

  1. Not feeling the connection, huh? From what I remember they had quite the connection in Frostbite... lol. Rose & Dimitri certainly have an interesting and complicated relationship. Sorry you didn't enjoy this one as much as the others.

    Dark Seeker sounds interesting. Good luck and I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark Seeker looks awesome, she's a Kick ass April... (I'm sad I haven't found a good pic for you)...
    Well, you know I don't like too much VA, so I understand the "not feeling the connection" thing.

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dani, Hi Lis,

    Yeah, I really didn't feel the connection between the two. Lots of readers love love VA and I don't know why I couldn't love it that way. It's really good, but I guess I'm tired now with the vampire thing.. and after reading lots of books with really good and giggle-inducing romance, it's hard for me now to appreciate Dimitri and Rose relationship. hmmm... who knows... maybe I will love Shadow Kiss?! hehe

    P.S. It's ok Lis, it's difficult to find the perfect picture! I had a hard time too lol! I'll settle for my current pic for now... thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I'm sorry you didn't like Frostbite that much! Pacing and a romance that you can't sympathize with will ruin a book, sometimes! At least it wasn't one of those, "I've lost this many hours of my life reading this?!?" cases :)

    Dark Seekers looks good. I hope you'll enjoy it!

    Good luck and happy weekend!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nearly posted Dark Seeker this week also. Too funny. I am participating in the blog tour and have to review it next week, so I will be reading it, I just used something different for my TBR Intervention. LOL.

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I have ever heard some say they couldn't feel the connection between Rose and Dimitri before...I am in shock! I'm sorry you didn't like it though and I wish you better luck with this week's read.

    Here is my TBR for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing you book. I haven't read that one yet. Dark seeker looks like an awesome read. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! yup, it's weird actually. I like Rose and Dimitri honestly, but the romance between the two just don't work for me because it's too slow for me... I want more of those two together... I really need to read Shadow Kiss... maybe it will change my mood about those two =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The undead? Are we talking about vampires or zombies? In any case, I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, April! My blog partner and I both decided to join the challenge and work on our huge to-read piles. I'm sure we'll succeed in reading the books we picked before Saturday.

    Happy reading!
    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I may not be able to reply to every post but I read them all. Thank you so much for your visit! Come back soon =)