Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Blog Tour | Review and Giveaway: SILENT SONG by Ron C. Nieto

Welcome to the Silent Song Book Blog Tour! I am pleased and honored to be a part of this blog tour. Silent Song has been released and you can grab your own copy now. But if you are lucky, you can win one of the TWELVE (12) e-books that will be given away in the tour. Or if you are luckier, you can even win a SIGNED PRINT COPY of the book! Awesome right? Be sure to check out all the other participating blogs. I also wanna take this opportunity to thank the author herself, Ms. Ron C. Nieto :) and to Ms. Julie @ A Tale Of Many Reviews for making me a part of this tour. Thank you!

As part of the tour, I had the opportunity to read the book in advance. And I'd say that it's totally worth my time. If you enjoy love stories blended with mystery and paranormal stuff, then you must check this out. Please take a look at my review of Silent Song:

SILENT SONG 
by Ron C. Nieto
July 1, 2012
YA Paranormal Romance

Book description | Add to TBR

The princess of the school, Alice, is keeping a secret that could strip her of her high school fame. She is obsessed with the school’s outcast, Keith, but not just him – his music. 

Since the inspiration for the song hit, Keith can’t get it out of his mind. The song must be played; it demands to be played. He knows the music is changing him, but he is unable to stop it. 

Music has the ability to move you, enlighten you, and take you to places you have never dreamed of. And this particular piece? It has a life of its own and makes you forget who you really are. 

As Keith and Alice learn of one another to the notes of that one perfect tune, they can overlook their roles and discover who they could be together. But they also discover someone else is listening and intends on keeping Keith to herself, possibly for an eternity.

My Thoughts:
"I know you're not faking it when you're with me. And that's enough for me, for as long as it lasts." - Keith
I love Keith.
I know that this isn't a proper way to start a review, but...
Okay, well...
Let me start again...

I love Keith.

The time I started this book, I didn't know what to expect. But the first line already got me: Don't look back. Though the first few pages was a bit confusing since I don't have any idea where the story will lead me, it was no doubt an interesting story. It was a surprise to read a book like this, something I haven't encountered in a very long time.

Alice isn't the usual heroine we read in books. She's not the simple-and-just-your-average kind of girl and certainly not a girl-next-door either. Actually, she's considered as the bitch princess in school. And Keith, well, he is the goth-looking guy with long dark hair dyed with silver streaks and nails painted with black nail polish. He's the school's social outcast. He's probably not your typical guy who will sweep you off your feet on the first day of meeting. But lo and behold, this guy is totally someone you will root for. He's caring, kind, a skinny guy with a big, whole heart. I'm not much into goth boys, but Ron nailed it for me. He made me care for him so much and throughout the book I wish nothing for him but see him loved and happy. I want everyone to see how beautiful Keith is. And surely, this book didn't disappoint me. I think there is no other thing that could capture my heart most than the characters in the story. And Silent Song gave me those characters that I'm happy to root for. It's amazing how they were crafted and made vulnerable but exudes strong personalities. Alice and Keith made a great tandem.

I'd always written off the perfect moments and the love at first sight and the alignment of the stars when finally together, assuming it to be the product of the overactive imagination of writers, hip rock stars, and whatever else.
Right then, in Keith's arms?
It made sense.

Don't you love a beautifully written book? I do. Ron's writing is beautiful and touching. Music is a big part of the story and the way the music was described--intricate, detailed-- there is no doubt that the author knows her craft. It's as if you were there, listening to the music as it was being played... By the way she'd written it, she made the story come to life.

Silent Song is hauntingly, interestingly beautiful story of love and sacrifice. Those of you who appreciates music, romance and mystery, I recommend this book to you. Don't forget to pick up a copy. You won't be disappointed.

My Rating:

Author's Bio:
Ron C. Nieto is a fantasy and romance author who has been writing in her secluded fortress for the longest time. Recently, she had a talk with her cat and decided that she should share her creations, because it was selfish to hoard them all for herself, and so Silent Song was born as her debut novel.


If you want to win a copy of the book, here's the Rafflecopter for the Tour Giveaway. Open Internationally. Good luck!


Silent Song Blog Tour Schedule and List of Participating Blogs

Monday, July 2:
I solemly swear that I'm up to a book ~ Review & Excerpt
A Diary Of A Book Addict ~ Review
A Written Rhapsody ~ Music Related Guest Post
artsy musings of a bibliophile ~ Review
Love of Books ~ The Writer’s Cave Guest Post

Tuesday, July 3:
Nose In A Book ~ Review
Bending The Spine ~ Review
Ja Ĩitam, a ti? (I'm a reader, what about you?) ~ Review

Wednesday, July 4:
Letters Inside Out ~ Review
A Three Way Tie ~ Character Interview with Alice
Books 4 Juliet ~ Review
The Reader Lines ~ Review
Book Haven Extraordinaire ~ Review & Character Interview with Keith
Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf ~ Author Interview

Thursday, July 5:
Book Briefs ~ Review
Just Another Rabid Reader ~ Review
Comfort Books ~ Review
Dreaming Dreams ~ Review & Music Playlist (if available from author)
Refracted Light | YA Book Reviews ~ Excerpt
Waiting on Sunday to Drown ~ Interview
The Autumn Review ~ Review

Friday, July 6:
FireStarBooks ~ Excerpt
Bookshelf Confessions ~ Excerpt
Reader Girls ~ Review & Excerpt
JennReneeRead ~ Review
Chocolate Coffee Books ~ Review
A Tale of Many Reviews ~ 6 Words for Silent Song

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked this book. I can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll get the chance to read it Jenny! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi April! Thank you so much for being part of the tour!

    And... Wow! I'm so glad to read your words! I'm so, so glad you enjoyed the book that much. It definitely provoked the right kind of grinning and blushing!

    PS. Saying I love Keith is okay. It makes me happy. It makes him happy. Well, actually it makes him blush and stammer, but who cares? I'm happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not pressuring you or something... but you really need to give us some KEITH's POV :) No pressure, really. *grins widely

      Delete
  3. Hey April... so weird we were scheduled together for this blog tour, right? :)
    I'm so glad you liked it. I did as well... and yeah, say you loved Keith is really okay!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I may not be able to reply to every post but I read them all. Thank you so much for your visit! Come back soon =)