Author: Jus Accardo
Publication Date: October 9th 2011
Publisher:Entangled Publishing
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Summary:When a strange boy tumbles down a river embankment and lands at her feet, seventeen-year-old adrenaline junkie Deznee Cross snatches the opportunity to piss off her father by bringing the mysterious hottie with ice blue eyes home.Except there’s something off with Kale. He wears her shoes in the shower, is overly fascinated with things like DVDs and vases, and acts like she’ll turn to dust if he touches her. It’s not until Dez’s father shows up, wielding a gun and knowing more about Kale than he should, that Dez realizes there’s more to this boy—and her father’s “law firm”—than she realized.Kale has been a prisoner of Denazen Corporation—an organization devoted to collecting “special” kids known as Sixes and using them as weapons—his entire life. And, oh yeah, his touch? It kills. The two team up with a group of rogue Sixes hellbent on taking down Denazen before they’re caught and her father discovers the biggest secret of all. A secret Dez has spent her life keeping safe. Add to TBR.
My Thoughts:
The setting: Good.
The characters: Good.
The story: Good.
So yeah, overall it was a good read for me. I actually enjoyed it though there were times that I felt I was fighting to finish the book. It reminds me of Shatter Me by Tehereh Mafi and X-Men because of the super powers that the characters possess. It wasn't a let down but I admit that it didn't reached up to the potential I was hoping for. I expected a lot from this book and I anticipated for something incredible and outstanding and remarkable to happen, sadly it wasn't like that for me. It's good but not good enough for me to really want the next book.
People with awesome abilities are called "sixes". The Denazen corporation where Deznee's dad worked, kidnaps kids who have unique abilities and trained them and used them to kill people. They become assassins and that's what Kale was until he escaped from Denazen and found Dez.
People with awesome abilities are called "sixes". The Denazen corporation where Deznee's dad worked, kidnaps kids who have unique abilities and trained them and used them to kill people. They become assassins and that's what Kale was until he escaped from Denazen and found Dez.
I loved Kale. He's hot, gorgeous and dangerous, too. It's interesting to see how he adapts to the world he barely knew and remains strong and smart despite of his innocence and lack of knowledge about the life outside of Denazen. He might not be the strongest character or the most swoon-worthy type of guy (I think), because honestly, I like male characters to be strong and dependable, all-knowing and snarky and sometimes mysterious. I didn't find him like that, but he is definitely a guy to root for. Maybe if he catch up fully with the world, he'll be one perfect hero. The heroine--Dez, is a strong, bad-ass heroine. She likes the adrenaline when she do something wild and adventurous, she's snarky, stubborn, a rebel and a fighter. The rest of the characters are good enough and likable, and the powers which these characters have are impressive. The touch that could kill, the power to stop a human heart, the ability to mimic things and even a person, and the soul jumper (which intrigued me the most). They may not be unique but it's actually amazing how the author crafted such ideas and put them in a story like Touch. I may not have enjoyed it as much as other readers did, but I still recommend this book. I honestly think that there will be more exciting things that awaits for us in the next installment. So don't let my review stop you from buying this book. It's good and it's worth reading.
With all the hype and the high ratings of this book, I know that I'm one of the very few who didn't rate it with 5 stars. It's just my opinion anyway (don't shoot me).
3.5 coffee cups!
With all the hype and the high ratings of this book, I know that I'm one of the very few who didn't rate it with 5 stars. It's just my opinion anyway (don't shoot me).
3.5 coffee cups!


I'm not sure I like the mild male and kick-ass female combo lol I need my boys snarky, or, if they're shy and melancholy, they still need to compensate for that. In any case, the thing keeping me back here is the dystopia-like thingy. And your review makes me curious, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy the title quite enough... Hmmm... What to do, what to do...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the great review, April!
Yes Ron, that's my concern too. Maybe if Kale is just as strong and as snarky as Jace or Four, then maybe I could love this book even more. It's just that there's something missing/lacking in the main characters tandem. It's more of a sci-fi fantasy thing I guess than a dystopia. But yeah, I understand... you're not much into this genre right? SO, uhm, I'm not sure too if it's for you. I can't really recommend it to you now since I didn't get what others seemed to enjoy in this book. But Kim, Mariam and Angela, and I think Kelly too loved this book. So, maybe... I'm really not sure :P
Delete