Author: Abbi GlinesPublication Date: October 12th 2011Format: eBookGenre: Young Adult, Contemporary RomanceSummary on Goodreads:Being the good girl isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Ashton Gray has grown weary of playing the part to please her parents, and to be worthy of the town’s prince charming, Sawyer Vincent. Maybe That’s why she’s found herself spending time with Sawyer’s cousin, Beau, while he’s away for the summer camping with his family. Beau is nothing like her perfect boyfriend. He’s the sexiest guy she’s ever seen, dangerous in ways she’s only day dreamed about, and the one guy she should stay away from.Beau never envied Sawyer his loving parents, his big nice home, or his position as quarterback. He loves him like a brother. Which is why he's tried everything in his power to keep his distance from Sawyer’s girlfriend. Even if he has loved her since the age of five, Ashton is Sawyer’s girl, so therefore she’s off limits. But when Sawyer leaves for the summer, Ashton, the one girl Beau would move Heaven and Earth for, decides she wants to get into trouble. Stabbing the one person who’s always accepted him and stood by him in the back, is the cost of finally holding Ashton Gray in his arms. Is she worth losing his cousin over?.... Hell Yeah. Add to TBR
My Thoughts:
I didn't expect to love this book so much. It was free during the time I downloaded it to my Kindle and the moment I started reading it, I was hooked and couldn't put it down. It was exhilaratingly fun and enjoyable! I want more of Ashton and the Vincent boys!
Cousins Sawyer and Beau Vincent were Ashon Gray's childhood best friends. They grew up and protected each other ever since they were five. And even from that time, Beau has always cared and loved Ashton until she became Sawyer's girlfriend. Since then, Beau and Ashton relationship grew apart despite the fact that they were practically the best of friends. For three years of Ashton's relationship with Sawyer, she tried to be good, to be descent, to be worthy of Sawyer's love and affection. She did her best to be the perfect girl for Sawyer--the good and the perfect (well, almost) of the two Vincent boys. Beau on the other hand, has always been the bad boy, the dangerous one. He was once her partner in crime, and he is the one who knows the real Ashton, the boy who love the girl she's trying to conceal. After spending time with Beau, Ash suddenly realized that she must have chosen the wrong Vincent boy after all...
There are lots of things I loved about this book. First of all, the characters. Ash is very real to me. She's an average girl whom you usually meet at school or in your neighborhood. She's not perfect, she's flawed, she has shortcomings, she has mistakes in life like the rest of us. The good thing about her is that she tried to fix things even though it would cost her her own happiness. She didn't deny her mistakes, she accepted the consequences and lived through it. That made me loved her despite of her weaknesses.
Sawyer and Beau are the best cousins ever! They loved each other like true brothers and I admired them for so many reasons. I don't want to spill anything about these two boys cos I don't want to spoil your future reading. You'll just have to find out for yourself. The two Vincent boys will make your heart go ponder and your stomach flutter, especially Beau Vincent. You wouldn't want to miss this guy. Your heart will ache for him, care for him, and you'll love him!
The setting and the plot are good and there was never a single moment that I got bored. I really appreciate the narrating style because it let me see both Ash and Beau's thoughts. I always liked the alternating POV style of writing. Overall, it was an entertaining read for me, and I enjoyed every single moment I had with this book. I just loved everything about it. The oh-so-sweet and oh-so-yummy Beau oh-so-sexy love story will keep your eyes on the book and your nose sticking on it too! The drama and the tension are so good, I didn't want to stop reading.
I just want to share a few of those memorable lines I quoted from the book:
I'd never envied anything of Sawyers. I loved him like a brother. He was the only family I truly loved... He'd always have the things I didn't have... but none of that had mattered because I had Ashton... She'd been my partner in crime... my soul mate. Then just like everything else in Saywer's perfect life he got my girl. The only thing I'd thought I could call mine had become his... - Beau
"Ash, I'm trying real hard to be good... Please remember I've got my limits and you studying my mouth like you want a taste is pushing me dangerously close to the edge of those limits." - Beau
"The real Ashton Gray is perfect and I'm crazy in love with her." - Beau
"I didn't ask for the perfect Ashton to be my girlfriend... I asked the only Ash I'd ever known... I was proud of the girl you had become... I let myself forget the other girl you once were. Beau didn't forget her." - Sawyer
Just once I wanted to be selfish and take what I wanted... I wanted to tell him I loved him... I wanted to claim Beau as mine but I couldn't do any of those things. - Ash
Those who enjoy YA contemporary with a sexy romance that might be suitable only for mature Young Adult readers, then go for this book. I enjoyed it so much and I want more!
My Rating:


Ooh this sounds like a book for me! I'm big on characters and they all seem well rounded and developed even the side characters. I've also seen a lot of other great reviews for this one lately for some reason. :)
ReplyDeleteI am adding this to my TBR. Not a single moment where you were bored? That says a lot. Even some of my favorite reads have those parts that make me wish for a fast forward button. Great review.
ReplyDeleteI love the new look! Gorgeous!
-FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
I adored Ash too. I kept wanting to hit her for trying to be someone she wasn't. I'm constantly telling myself and my daughters that there is simply no such thing as "perfect." Sometimes trying is way to stressful. I love that Grana had the same philosophy. She made me smile...and cry!
ReplyDeleteAnd Beau...well, let's just say...YUMMY!
~Kristin