Thursday Revisits is a new meme hosted by Sam @ Books For All Seasons.
It's a weekly feature of book discussions about the characters, scenes, and plot of the book we read. It’s featured every Thursday.
Hello to my followers, readers and friends! Thanks so much for another Thursday that you come and visit my blog. I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day, full of love and hearts and chocolates or maybe flowers? =) The book I'm going to feature for today fits perfectly for Valentine's Day. I know that lots of you have read this book by Stephanie Perkins, and who wouldn't love Anna and Etienne? I guess everyone of us who devoured the book grown to love these two amazing characters. If you haven't read this book, I hope you'll pick it up as soon as you finished reading our revisit today.
Anna and the French Kiss is one of my all time favorite YA Contemporary novel and definitely one of the few books that is on top of my favorite list. It's the kind of story that you want to read over and over and over again.
Today, I will be joining by one of my bestest friend in FB and Starbooks (if you want to join our crazy amazing book club, you can always come and visit us on FB. You're welcome to join us! I know that the girls will love you to come over and have fun chatting with us. We don't bite, UNLESS you're a drop-dead gorgeous and swoon-worthy type of guy like the characters in the books we loved lol. See the button at the bottom right corner of my page).
Anyway, as I've said, a friend of mine will join me again today to discuss Anna and the French Kiss. Don't be shocked because my friend is some kind of a fighter... you know, a badass warrior who practice ninjutsu and throws shuriken. Yeah... she's a ninja, so be very afraid or else she'll show you her ninja fighting skills and might throw you some of her ninja stars! LOL. Kidding! Well, she's a kickass alright, but she's a sweet, thoughtful, and very kind ninja friend of mine. I'm sure you'll love to know her... so here she is, with all her ninja glory:
I love this pic! She likes to stay hidden but for the sake of this discussion, I guess it's ok to post her picture (right, Kim?)
Here's my FBBFF Kim Weihe Mathwig
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publication Date: December 2, 2010
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Genre: Young Adult, Chick Lit, Contemporary Romance
Summary on Goodreads:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.
As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited? Add to TBR | Read my review here.
Describe the book in one or two words.
April: Astonishingly beautiful!
Kim: Refreshing and Fun!
What's one thing you love most about Anna and the French Kiss?
April: There are so much to love about this book--the romantic setting (PARIS. What's not to love?), the amazing characters, and the beautiful story that made me laughed, giggled, smiled widely, dreamed and remembered my own love story. For me, everything is just perfect.
Kim: I agree April! I loved everything about this book. I loved the setting. Paris, come on!!! I loved loved loved Anna and St. Clair. I loved their friends, the topics they studied in school, the movies they saw, the places they went, and the food they ate.
April: The food they ate??? Haha! Kim, I don't even know how to pronounce the name of those foods. I'm going to have a big problem ordering at a French cafeteria! Unless I have you there with me... at least we'll suffer together! lol.
Kim: We will just point and nod. That way we won't starve. Lol!
April: Oh my golly... good luck with us! Haha
What's one thing you didn't like?
April: None at all. I loved loved loved this book.
Kim: That is so funny you said you loved this x 3!!!! I did the same thing with the previous answer. I loved everything.
April: Yes Kim. I don't know how to express the love I feel about this book. I just loved it. Okay, the"love" word again :P
What is your most favorite scene?
April: The last part, at the top of the Notre-Dame. Where Etienne found Anna and declares his love for her. It's so beautiful and I can't even describe the feeling. I loved their conversation and this: 'I love you as certain dark things are loved, secretly, between the shadow and the soul.'
Kim: That is a beautiful scene April. I loved the romance and the humor in this book. One of my favorite scenes is St.Clair talking on the phone with Anna over Christmas break. Anna is upset with her best friend and St.Clair asks her what he can do to help. Anna says, “Wanna come beat her up for me?” and St. Clair says, “I’m packing my throwing stars right now.” I just knew SC and I had a special bad-ass ninja bond. Ha ha
April: Oh my goodness! The ninja bond?! LOL. I didn't realized that St. Clair is a ninja! Okay, now I know.
Kim: Yep, It is a well kept secret. :)
Who is your favorite character in the book?
April: I loved Anna and I loved Etienne. Can I say both?
Kim: You can say both April because I want to say both. Their chemistry was wonderful.
April: It's cheating... Lol. I should've asked "Who are your favorite characters?".
Which character do you like to hang out with?
April: I want to hang out with Anna but I would love to be with Etienne <3
Kim: Can I say a group instead of one person? I would love to hang out at their lunch table.
April: Oh yes Kim, you can do that! I would love that, too!
If you can be a new character in this book, who do you think you'll gonna be?
April: I want to be Anna so I can have Etienne, but that won't work, right? Hmm... I think I'd rather be Anna's sister and study in Paris too. I will find my own Etienne and create my own love story. He he.
Kim: Ha ha! No, that wouldn't work. But I like your sister idea. Maybe Anna can bring a friend with her to Paris? I’ll be the fun friend who charms everyone into loving her. (A friend who makes Anna open up her eyes!) A girl can dream, right?
April: So we're going to be in Paris. Both of us. I hope Anna won't have a problem when she see us drooling staring at her boyfriend.
Kim: Yay! we are going to Paris!! I am sure it will be hard to keep our eyes off of St.Clair.
If you would be given the opportunity to change one part in the story, what will it be and why?
April: I won't change a thing. I'll just make it loooonger cos I don't want the story to end.
Kim: I would want the story to be longer. I couldn't get enough of this story.
Are you satisfied with the ending?
April: Yes! it's beautiful and oh-so-romantic! I wish there's more and I wish there's Anna and the French Kiss Part 2.
Kim: I loved the ending! It was very charming and romantic. I love that we can see Anna and St.Clair in Lola and the Boy Next Door.
April: You're right. At least there's Lola and the Boy Next Door. I hope we can see them again in Isla and the Happily Ever After. Can't wait!
Kim: I hope so too!
Do you recommend this book?
April: Definitely. It's a must read!
Kim: Yes! You will want to read it again and again.
April: Speaking of re-reading... I am planning to re-read it again. Skimming through this book isn't enough. It makes me want to read the story again. St. Clair is so lovable and Anna is amazing. The rest of the characters are so fun to read about. You just want to hang out with them and be their friends too.
Kim: I've read it twice.
April: Wow! *me jealous
Imagine that you're in Paris and you can have your Point Zero wish just like Anna. What will it be?
April: I wish that everyone can have a beautiful love story of their own. To love and be loved. *wink
Kim: I would wish for a happy and healthy life for my family and friends.
April: Okay, I wish that, too! :) We can have as many wishes as we can, right?
Kim: Right!
Thank you so much Kim for joining me here today. I had so much fun!
Thanks everyone for dropping by! 'Til next time! xoxo.




I said it in the group, and again "I LOVE THE INTRODUCTION!"
ReplyDeleteGirls, you're so good! you make me remember all the things I love of this book! I agree Kim, I'd love to be part of the lunch table!
Well done! Love it!
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Lis!
Deletethanks Lis! I know we all loved Anna and Etienne, right?
DeleteGreat job girls! I had so much fun reading this! Especially the part bout ordering in a french cafeteria. Lol. "We'll just point and nod." That had me laughing. :D
ReplyDelete-Brittani :)
LOL! Me too! Kim's idea will work! (I hope!) lol
DeleteApril, I love your revisits. This was so much fun and you are a wonderful host!!!!! My copy of Anna is so special to me because it came from you. You are such a dear friend who has expanded my life into a whole new world of books and friends beyond my wildest dreams. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
ReplyDeleteThe Ninja, Kim
Oh... Kim thank you. This revisits wouldn't have been successful if you girls weren't here to support me. I owe you a lot for these you know. And I am thankful for Sam (Books For All Seasons) for creating such a wonderful idea. This is my most fave meme because I've got to share this with all of you. =)
DeleteAnna and the French Kiss became even more special and meaningful to me because you loved it and gave one to Mariam too =) It's so nice of you to share the love =)
Tha Kickass, April =B
Oh...Now I want to go back and read Anna and the French Kiss...again. I loved this story so much. And the two of you are so funny. I forgot that St. Clair was packing ninja stars...now I remember him saying that...and yes, it reminds me of our precious Kim. LOL.
ReplyDeleteExcellent Thursday Revisit!
Haha! Yep, right! Kim and St. Clair have those special "ninja bond". I'm so jealous! lol
DeleteLoved this !!! Y'all had me laughing with April's description of Kim ( ninja !!! )
ReplyDeletehahaha! Mariam, I can't think of a better way to introduce Kim! I thought it was the perfect description lol
DeleteThank you for participating in this meme, the creator and host at my blog. Love the conversations you girls brought to us! I'm very thankful for you to keep doing this Thursday Revisits even though I haven't had the time to blog much lately. Thank you, April!! You're awesome!!
ReplyDeleteGod bless,
Love,
Sam
Hi Sam,
DeleteI always visit your blog especially during Thursday Revisits. I was hoping that you resume your posts and I could link up mine. I'll wait until you finish your blog and I hope it's soon. I miss you already! We have to do a revisit again soon. =)
God bless you too!
Hugs,
April =)
Hi darling! I adore your blog, and I've awarded it The Lovely Blog Award. It's darling!
ReplyDeleteClick here to learn more!
Oh, thank you so much! It's deeply appreciated. I'll visit you soon! =) God bless you.
Deletexoxo!
April, you and Kim had me cracking up!! With the "I can show your picture, right?" The special ninja bond!! hahaha!!
ReplyDeleteYou have me wanting to read this again so bad! :) I can't wait for Isla!! :)
Kim and her ninja skills! No one can beat that! lol.
DeleteI want Isla now and too bad it won't be out this year :< I'll just settle for Anna and Lola until Isla comes out =P
Gotta love the ninja humor! :) This post was great, girls! Even when I don't particularly read contemporary, it was super fun to see your answers about this book - it's seen so much buzz!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, and great job!
Ron @ Stories of my life
Ron, I hope you can get a chance to read this book. It was so fun to read. You'll love Anna and St. Clair. =)
DeleteGreat job ladies!! I loved this book and you've reminded me how much.
ReplyDeleteThank you Jenny! Just like you, making this revisit made me want to read the book again =)
Delete