Crave (The Clann #1)
Author: Melissa Darnell
Publication Date: October 25, 2011
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Genre/Category: Young Adult, Paranormal Romance
Summary on Goodreads:
Savannah Colbert has been shunned all her life by the kids of the Clann. And when she undergoes some drastic changes after a strange illness, Savannah learns secrets about the group and about herself—dangerous secrets. For the Clann are powerful magic users, and Savannah herself is half Clann and half vampire—a forbidden, unheard of combination. Falling for Clann golden boy Tristan Coleman isn't just a bad idea—it could be deadly if anyone finds out. But her attraction to Tristan—and his to her—isn't something either of them can resist for long.
I always believe in the saying, "Don't judge the book by it's cover." But when I first saw this one, I was enticed to read it. With it's stunning cover and a beautiful premise,
I'd say--you'll never be disappointed.
This book was hard to put down. The moment I started reading it, I was immediately absorbed by the story and I couldn't wait to know what will happen next. I love how the author uses the character's POV, thus making it more intimate and effective to the readers. It helps us understand the character fully and allow us to see their true emotions.
I easily liked Savannah's character. When I first met her, I felt sad for her. Somehow, I understand how hard it is to try to fit in, because everyone thinks you're a freak. What's more painful was being ignored by your childhood bestfriend as if you never exist at all. What's worst, is loving that person even more each day, even though it is highly forbidden. It was nice to see her character developed as she gradually turn strong and confident. She might not be the most amazing heroine, but you'll like her as well as the golden boy Tristan, the handsome future leader of The Clann. Both characters are strong and will-powered, and also a bit stubborn which makes them more effective hero and heroine. I find the story a bit different from other paranormal novels, since it's not very often that you see a half-vampire heroine and a witch hero in a book. The story will pull you further into it as you turn the page after page. I was really surprised how I enjoyed this book and I loved the feeling when I read it--it was all excitement and thrill and suspense...
This book is a gripping story of forbidden love, bloodlust, thirst of power and betrayals. I definitely recommend this book, but I'm warning you...there's an awfully big chance that you'll crave for more of The Clann...
My Rating:


I have to agree, this cover is beautiful and I'm totally drawn to it. Great review!
ReplyDeleteThe cover is great! I really want to read this book!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.deadtreesandsilverscreens.blogspot.com
This cover is so pretty. I want this book
ReplyDeleteHey Juliet!
ReplyDeleteBefore I wasnt sure if to give any priority to this book in my to-read list but after your review Im pretty sure I will read it as soon as it comes out =D
Thanks for sharing! great and very encouraging review!
Thanks everyone for your comments. I hope you'll enjoy this book as much as I did. =)
ReplyDelete