Friday, September 16, 2011

TGIF! Follow Friday & Book Blogger Hop (6)

TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by 
Ms. Ginger @GReads . Anyone can participate. 
If you want to join, just do the following:

Re-cap your posts for the week
Answer the weekly question
Make sure to link back at the bottom of GReads TGIF Post. 

Please check this week's posts on Books4Juliet: 

This Friday's Question: 
Book Disappointments: Have you ever come across a book you were so stoked to read, but it failed miserably in your eyes?

My Answer: 
I don't hate these books, I actually liked them. I just feel that I could have enjoy these books more if not for some tiny itchy concerns I have... But don't let these few issues stop you in reading these novels. We all have different tastes in books, and what I didn't fully enjoy might be one of your favorites =) 


Dreamhunter by Elizabeth Knox

I bought this book together with book 2: Dreamquake, and I was so excited to read them. But it's almost 2 years now and I haven't even finish book 1. It's a bit difficult for me to understand and I can't get into the book emotionally... It seems to be a really good series but right now, I'm not sure when I would be able to finish these books.

Rampant by Diana Peterfreund

With a book with so much potential, all I get are handful of questions instead of rightful answers. This book has lots of whys and hows, and I didn't get explanations at all. So it's a little frustrating for the reader like me to fully understand the story. I could have enjoyed this book more.

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel @ Parajunkee and Alison @ Alison Can Read. If you want to join and see how this meme works, be sure to click the image above.  Happy Follow Friday!

Check out this week's Feature Blogs:

Q. It's that pesky magic book fairy again! She has another wish: What imaginary book world would you like to make a reality?

A. The first thing that comes to my mind when I was asked this question is the Summer Beach at the Summer Series by Jenny Han. Ok, I don't know if this place really exist, but probably it's real. But it's too impossible for me to be there right now, so I think it would be great to have the Summer Beach here. It's not only the beach, but the atmosphere. It would be so much fun if I could spend my summer there with my family and friends. So, yeah, I choose the Summer Beach. I know it's not magical and there's nothing paranormal about it, but I want to experience those awesome summers just like Belly when she spend hers with Conrad and Jeremiah.

Book Blogger Hop
Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy for Books. This is where book bloggers and book readers connect and support each other or just chat about books. This is super crazy fun and all readers and bloggers can join! If you want to know how to participate, just click the image above to visit Crazy for Books Blog.

This week's topic:
“As a book blogger, how do you introduce yourself in your profile?”

My Answer:
You can read my "About Me" tab to see what's in my profile. The basic is there--my real name! I think that is one most important thing to include in my profile, since I myself would love to know the real name of my fellow bloggers especially when I visit and talk to them online. The rest are small pieces about me--my passion, books I enjoy, some hobbies, some of my views in life... =)

13 comments:

  1. Your answers are definitely original. :) I haven't read the books you listed. As always, though, I am sorry to hear that someone got a book they were excited about and it didn't hold up. That can be so frustrating.

    But that's why we do this whole review thing, isn't it? To try and help each other find great books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally dig Jenny Han's world. Summer beach house & summer lovin.

    My TGIF http://t.co/FhwACRdd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of that series! I couldn't really pick one. I thought Harry Potter would be cool though!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to read this series, but it sounds interesting! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read that series, it sounds amazing and I've heard a lot about it :]

    Great blog, I'm now following you :]
    Here's my post: http://tiny.cc/0jdts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been told to read the summer series over and over again. *Grabs it off shelf* I guess I need to add it to my TBR next pile :)

    Black Disaster Fairy



    A World of Personality

    For the L♥ve of Reading

    UnRead Brains Eat Bloody Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh. If the summer beach was real that would mean so was Conrad. And if there's one thing that I SHOULD include in my profile it's how much I love Conrad Fisher! Great choice. The Summer Series is definitely one of my favorites.

    Hopping back from Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  8. No HP. But good choice. So Juliet is your real name? Your blog name "Books4Juliet" just sounds so perfect and cool.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Kero @ Kero's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read the summer series yet, but they sound good - and I would love to be on a nice sunny summer beach right now (where I am it's thunderstorms and heavy rain!)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the answer, but you'll never find my name there, lol

    Psique @ Book Travels

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all guys for stopping by! And no, my name is not Juliet =) It really is kinda confusing, so sorry =P But my name is April =) hehe

    Have a great weekend everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read the Summer Beach Series yet, but I really want too! Nice answer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love summer stories that are set on the beach and describe things like the boardwalk and going to bonfires. I wanna live that life, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I may not be able to reply to every post but I read them all. Thank you so much for your visit! Come back soon =)