Friday, August 19, 2011

TGIF #3 & Follow Friday #3

TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by Ms. Ginger @ GReads
Anyone can participate. If you want to join, just do the following:
Re-cap your posts for the week
Answer the weekly question
Make sure to link back at the bottom of GReads TGIF Post.


This week on Books 4 Juliet:


This Friday's Question:

The Reviews We Don't Write: 
Have you ever read a book and not wanted to review it? Are some books too personal that we want to keep our thoughts our own? 

My Answer:

Yes and I'd say it's a bit frustrating on my part. 
I can easily write a book review when:

#1 - The book is amazing an I can't wait to post my thoughts about it!
#2 - The book is disappointing and I need to let the words out! 

But there are books which I find so difficult to review 
and sometimes don't want to post at all--those books 
that falls between "I LOVE" and "I HATE". The "Just OK" books! 

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by 
Rachel @ Parajunkee and Alison @ Alison Can Read

If you want to join and see how this meme works, 
be sure to click the image above. 
Happy Follow Friday!

Check out this week's Feature Blogs:


Q. If you could write yourself a part in a book, what book would it be and what role would you play in that book?


This is a very interesting question! 

#1 - I want to be Bella's sister if I can't be Bella :) 
I always loved Twilight that's why! 

#2 - I don't like Clary much so I'd rather be another Shadowhunter so I can steal Jace. 
The thing is, I don't want to face demons! 

#3 - I can also be part of a dystopian world just like Divergent, 
and if I could be Tris, then why not? I'll have Four! ;)

#4 - I want to be Anna in Anna and the French Kiss. 
I love St. Clair and the setting is so ideal and romantic. Paris plus Etienne is just perfect!

19 comments:

  1. But if you were Bella's sister, she'd eventually leave you to marry Edward and become a vampire! And there's no other Cullen boy left for you to have! If you could find a way to fix that, then it'd be all right :-)

    Hi, I'm a new follower! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @TG-it's ok with me just by being Bella's sister! :) I like her for a sibling even though she turns into a vampire! Edward will be my brother then and that's cool enough for me! Besides, as mush as I love Edward, I don't want a Vampire BF! lol! :) Thanks for stopping by TG :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. It is difficult to write reviews for books that are only so-so.
    Here's my FF Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting choices! I tried creating my own character as well and putting myself into a book. Of course I would have to be a teenager again, but hopefully in the books it's better than real life!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have problems writing reviews for the *meh* books too. The ones I LOVE are hard to sometimes because I want to stick to the point instead of getting too gushy.
    I picked Lola and the Boy Next Door for the book I would want to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure I would like to be in Twilight but I wouldn't mind Divergent. I still hold with being the best friend though. Less spotlight, better lines!

    Following you back and hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreeing with your shadowhunter ways. ;) Facing demon might not be so much fun. ;)

    My Friday @ For The Love of Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some intriguing choices. Thanks for becoming a follower of mine, I'm now following you back.

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems like a lot of people have a hard time reviewing books that are just ok for them. I think I'd rather write one of those than a negative review, but neither is very fun!
    And I loved Anna, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to be Anna too!! She's awesome:D

    Great post, new follower:D

    My Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great answer! Thanks for the follow! Following back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats funny that you like Bella but not Clary. I love Clary but can't stand Bella.

    New follower!

    http://deadtreesandsilverscreens.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-me-friday-august-19th-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great answer. I totally agree with wanting to be a shadowhunter but not wanting to face demons. :)

    New follower btw :)

    -Brittani

    Heres my post:
    http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've only read Twilight out of the ones you mentioned, but I do have all the others on my list. Great choices! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi thanks for stopping by! I am a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, I would love to steal Jace too but I definitely don't want to face-off against any demons. =)

    New follower
    Danielle @Ramblings From This Chick

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm with you on the "Four" comment. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have never read any of the Twilight books, but I think I'm going to have to since everyone seems to love them.

    Aaron (Dreaming About Other Worlds).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I may not be able to reply to every post but I read them all. Thank you so much for your visit! Come back soon =)