I want to welcome you to our 4th TBRIC! How's your reading commitment last week? How many books are still there gathering dust on your bookshelves? Too many too count? You're not alone, we're on the same boat! Hopefully, by the end of this week, we can manage to pull out one more book out of our TBR List. Good luck to us!
TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge hosted by
Dani@RefractedLight ,
Ayanami@Whatever you Can Still Betray,
and April@Books4Juliet
The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice--EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS. However, we will sponsor this event regularly every Saturday.
Here are the rules:
1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one).
2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.
3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.
4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers.
MY LAST WEEK'S TBRIC:
I'm not done with Nightshade (sadly...). But I hope I can finish it today. I've been too busy last Halloween week, so I rarely had a chance to read.
THE BOOK I COMMIT TO READ THIS WEEK:

Addison Blakely: Confessions of a PK
Author: Betsy St. Amant
Publication Date: January 1, 2012
Published By: Barbour Publishing, Inc.
Genre/Category: Young Adult, Religious/Inspirational
Summary on Goodreads:
Sixteen-year-old Addison Blakely has tireless played the role of PK—preacher’s kid—her entire life. But after Wes Keegan revs his motorcycle into town and into her heart, Addison begins to wonder how much of her faith is her own and how much has been handed to her. She isn’t so sure she wants to be the good girl anymore. Join Addison Blakely as she attempts to separate love from lust, facts from faith, and keep her head above water in her murky, fishbowl existence.
ON MY SHELF SINCE:
September, 2011
WHY I CHOOSE THIS BOOK:
I received this book from NetGalley last September but I wasn't able to read it sooner. I decided to start this one as soon as I finish the books I'm currently reading now so I can move on to my other books-for-review. I really hope it's good.
P.S. Sorry for the Linky Tool. I wasn't able to renew my subscription earlier so kindly bear with me. Hopefully, we can see Mr. Linky Tool again next week!


I'm happy you almost finished Nightshade! The other book looks great, hope you like and then can say us about it.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your reading!
Have a nice day!
Yay! One book down. :D Happy Reading :)Btw, I don't know what happened (browser freezing I guess) but when I signed in for the GFC my two names got listed: Lorraine Yen and Trailsofthepen. Wah. Sorry about that. Don't know how to delete the one.
ReplyDeleteThis week was crazy with Halloween! Looks like we're in the same boat... lol Hopefully we can both finish our books this week. :)
ReplyDeleteConfessions of a PK looks interesting. I don't normally read a whole lot of contemps, but I'm a PK myself, so I'm definitely curious!
I didn't finish my tbr intervention book this week either, so don't feel too bad!
ReplyDeleteLindsey @ babiesbooksandsigns.com
Don't feel bad. I just barely finished mine this week. I actually waited to post my TBR Intervention this week so I could finish the last few chapters of my book early this morning. Looks like most of us had trouble finishing our books in time this past week! Lol.
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to hearing what you think of both of these. Addison Blakely: Confessions of a PK looks really good. Thanks you for hosting.
ReplyDeleteGood for you! Well, this is a day late comment and I think you already finished Nightshade.
ReplyDeleteI'm interested to see what you think of Nightshade. Hope you finish it and your next pick.
ReplyDeleteMy TBR is http://rantsnscribbles.blogspot.com/2011/11/tbr-intervention-week-3.html
Hi April!
ReplyDeleteNightshade's one book I've been considering on and off for the longest while... I'm still unsire about adding it to my TBR mound! Hope you finish it in time to let you face your other challenge, and I'll be looking forward to your review!
On the other read, that's so interesting! Mainly becaue I'm not familiar at all with the role of a PK - there's none where I live at, so it'd be quite interesting to check it out.
Good luck facing the challenge!
Ron @ Stories of my life
Lis, yes finally I finished Nightshade. It's good 3/5 stars .
ReplyDeleteLorraine, no problem, it's totally fine =) Sometimes my browser sucks too ;P Thank you for following! =)
Dani, I didn't know you're a PK! I think that's pretty awesome! I want to know your opinion if ever you've decided to read Addison Blakely =) And well, good luck with our books this week!
Lindsey, most of us didn't finish our TBRIC book this week.. I wonder what happened to us?!?! hahaha! Good luck to us this week! =)
Brittani, I totally agree! Maybe the Halloween season distracted us on our reading.. It has been a very busy week! =)
Stephanie, I'm excited to read Confessions of a PK. I hope I could finish A Beautiful Dark fast enough to start that book. =)
Ayanami, yep I finished Nightshade (thank God!) hehehe
Gwenny, Thank you.. I hope we all finish our TBRIC picks this week… Good luck to us! =)
Ron, I'm excited to read Addison Blakely too. Nighshade has been a good read though it could have been better I think. My review is up. Just posted it this afternoon =)