Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Waiting On Wednesdays (13)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Devine Intervention
Author: Martha Brockenbrough
Published Date: June 1st 2012
Published By: Arthur A. Levine Books
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal Romance

Summary from Goodreads:
Heavenly writing, earthy characters, and humor that is wicked as hell.

Heidi is sixteen. Insecure. Unkissed. Unremarkable, she thinks, in every way but one: She has a guardian angel, Jerome, who whispers in her ear all day long, amusing her, confusing her, but hardly ever saying anything that might help her discover who she's meant to be.

Jerome is seventeen (for the seventeenth year in a row.) There is only one thing he needs to do to graduate from heaven's soul rehabilitation program for wayward teenagers: Follow the 10 Commandments for the Dead, and in doing so, keep Heidi safe.

Instead, he accidentally lets her drown.

Plucked from her body before she ever truly lives, Heidi wants more than anything to say goodbye to her family and best friend. Jerome, afraid he's going to be sent to the lowest level of Hell, wants to sneak her into heaven before he gets caught.

Neither realizes that Heidi has only 24 hours before her soul dissolves forever. And that might not be enough time for them to figure out how they were meant to live.

I saw this book last week and I immediately added it to my TBR pile (good luck to my growing list). I love love the cover! Look at the arrow in the guy's head! Lol! I want this book already!

What's on your WOW post today?

18 comments:

  1. Oh my Dear April! never seen this book before =9 sounds amazing! thnx for sharing! muah!

    MY WICKED WOW!

    Happy reading!
    ★Dazzling Reads★

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover looks awesome!!! I like it! The book sounds very good too! Thank you for sharing, April! Great choice!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this...

    Thank you for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! What's up with the arrow through his head :-)
    Good choice!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds awesome! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for this one too! Looks so funny!!

    My WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the arrow on the guy's head made me giggle too. this book sounds awesome. thanks for featuring it, i haven't heard of it before now. :)

    Our WoW pick is HERE .

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. The title and the synopsis sounds really gooood! definitely waiting for this one!

    Here's my WoW pick
    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. First time I'm seeing this book, and the cover is so cute. Good luck waiting.

    Psique @ Book Travels

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I started reading the blurb, I thought, okay, another teenage romance, plain-girl-gets-hot-paranormal-creature story, albeit it sounds cool. Then I got to the rehabilitation line and went, "whaaaa?" It sounds great! It's a great pick for WoW, and I'll add it to my own TBR.

    Ouchie. It grows too fast...

    Thanks!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Great pick! Love the cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an odd book. It sounds so different. I haven't heard of it before. Adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choice! This one sounds so good I can't wait for it to come out too! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2011/11/www-wednesdays-waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing! I totally didn't notice the arrow until you pointed it out! Too funny! It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of this one before, but it sounds like an interesting twist on the whole guardian angel thing. Great pick! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. It does look interesting. Besides, you can't go wrong with Arthur A. Levine, right ;) Thanks for the cool pick.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been waiting for someone to pick this book! I love the idea of this one! It reads like a contemporary fic, but might just be a paranormal romance... Not sure what to categorize this one. I'm so excited for this!

    -Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I may not be able to reply to every post but I read them all. Thank you so much for your visit! Come back soon =)