TBR Intervention is a weekly challenge hosted by
Dani@RefractedLight ,
Ayanami@Whatever you Can Still Betray, and
April@Books4Juliet
The goal of this challenge is to help each other (fellow readers and bloggers) manage our enormous and constantly growing TBR (To-Be-Read) List. The rules are simple and everyone is encouraged to participate. It does not force you to commit to more than what you can manage to read in a week or so, but participants are encouraged to read at least one book within a week. You are free to choose the book you want to read and commit to this challenge. You may post your entry every Saturday, at the frequency of your choice--EVERY WEEK or EVERY TWO WEEKS. However, we will sponsor this event regularly every Saturday.
Here are the rules:
1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one).
2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or weeks.
3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.
4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers.

MY LAST WEEK'S TBRIC:
Addison Blakely: Confessions of A PK
Author: Betsy St. Amant
Author: Betsy St. Amant
Publication Date: January 1, 2012
Published By: Barbour Publishing, Inc.
Genre/Category: Young Adult, Religious/Inspirational
In my last TBRIC, I was reading NIGHTSHADE and I'm happy to say that I finished it last Saturday night, but too late for my TBRIC #4 post. I also finished A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies and it was a very good read. Here's my review (in case you haven't seen them yet):
I'm not done with Addison Blakely, so I'm giving it another week. I am currently enjoying this book and hopefully I can finish it soon. The main character is funny and it's nice to hear her thoughts about things and her life as a Pastor's Kid. Wes, the guy she can't help falling for is a bit hard to figure out. He's nice and bad at the same time, and I don't know what will happen to their relationship yet. I'm not sure if Addison will end up with Wes or Luke, the nice guy from school. This book has lots of teenage drama... I hope I can help Addison to figure out the things in her life right now--to be A Lemon Drop or A Gummi Bear? Is it really hard to be a PK? (Dani might be able to help me with this question, right Dani? =)

Hey April!
ReplyDeleteGood look with your reading, I know your too busy with your amazing books.
Happy reading week!!
Congrats on finishing Nightshade and A Beautiful Dark! :) That's awesome...and you got them both reviewed too! Double awesome.
ReplyDeleteHmm...is being a PK hard? I don't think it was/is. I think a lot of PK's feel pressured to be perfect and to fit a certain mold; that there's a lot expected of them by others. But I never felt like that. I felt for the most part that I was just able to be myself... flaws and all :)
Good luck this week!
Great post. I read A Beautiful Dark a while back and thought it was OK, but nothing special. I am headed over to read your review now.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on finishing two of the reviews. I am going to go check them out. My post is late today. I have been crazy busy. Well, I'm here now.
ReplyDeleteHi April!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on being up to your reviewing schedule... I finished my reads, but will have to post the reviews during this week! Your review of beautiful dark was awesome, by the way, and I hope that you're enjoying Confessions of a PK as much as you did that one!
From what you said, it seems that the main character is easy to relate to... at least in the which guy should I choose department! Bad guys and their charm and all that.
Good luck with finishing the book, and happy reading!
Ron @ Stories of my life
I hope you finish your book this week! Even though I said I was going to start The Alchemist, I think I'm going to read books I need to review instead. We'll see!
ReplyDeleteLindsey @ babiesbooksandsigns.com