Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (15)






Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along. You just have to:
Grab your current read.
Open to a random page.
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhereon that page.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!). Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.

My Teaser:

I don’t think often on my father’s body strung out through the reddening surf. Instead, I remember him as he was before the race: afraid. 
I won’t make the same mistake. 

p. 5 , The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

9 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to your review of The Scorpio Races. I can't decided if I want to read it or not. I am not sure why it isn't pulling me in. Hmm? Hope you are liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! I need to get my hands on a copy of this sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, I have been wanting to read this book. Great teaser. I didn't do a Tuesday Teaser because I am still reading the same book from last week. I like to tease the high profile books. Everything else I am reading is independent and not that great. Ugh. I have been lucky with most of those books. They are usually really good but I have hit a slump. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is on my wish list...
    Here’s my Teaser Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, that sounds slightly tragic. I really need to read this. Maggie's such a fantastic author. Great teaser April!:)

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi April! I found you as one of my followers on Shelfari. I really like reading your reviews and am now following you. I really want to read the Scorpio Races. I think Maggie is a terrific writer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read this book. It sounds really good. I want to buy it if I get a chance. =] Awesome teaser. =]
    Here is My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely read Eragon, the 4 book series is fantastic, the movie is based off of the book but alittle different. Thanks for visiting my teaser. =]
    Happy Reading
    -Michael

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are loving this book as much as I!!
    It is beautiful!! sniff!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I may not be able to reply to every post but I read them all. Thank you so much for your visit! Come back soon =)